A mum claims her damp and slug-infested home gave her daughter tonsillitis and left some rooms in the house inhospitable. Nicola Hodgson, 29, moved in the Leeds property into in 2015 – but says she has since been dealing with damp and mould problems ever since. The machine operator said she complained to Leeds City Council in 2016 after spotting mould behind the sofa of her house in East End Park. But since then, Nicola claims the problems have escalated and says her home is now attracting “slugs and other wildlife”. She even claims her seven-year-old daughter Brooke has fallen sick because of the conditions, with mould spreading across the walls of the youngster’s bedroom, reports Leeds Live. Get all the best news directly to your inbox. Click here to sign-up to our newsletter Work was undertaken to fix a huge leak in her daughter's bedroom as well as to resolve the problems. But Nicola says the work was never finished and issues have come back worse this time around. In pictures shared with LeedsLive mould can be seen in the bathroom, behind Brooke's toy box, on walls all over the house and a leaking roof in Brooke's room caused… Read full this story
- Mum savaged for leaving her 7-year-old daughter home alone because she’s self-isolating – but some reckon she was right
- Mum slammed as 'negligent' for leaving self-isolating daughter, 7, at home alone
- Countdown's Susie Dent gives rare insight into home life with daughters
- 'Disgusting' damp problem forces mum and five children to sleep in one cramped room
- Boris’s dad broke his mum's nose: Explosive new biography lifts the lid on PM's affairs, family feuds - and the domestic violence incident that put his mother in hospital
- Mum too afraid to bath her baby with 'icy' water in house 'riddled with mould'
- Matt Hancock promises care homes will FINALLY be able to allow in-person visits over Christmas thanks to rapid Covid-19 tests
- My bullied daughter live-blogged her own ‘terrifying’ death on sick suicide forum – as I worked unaware in next room
- Michelle Obama's daughter Malia receives surprising reality check from famous mum - details
- ‘Terrified’ mum ‘threatened with court’ for pulling daughter, 12, out of school over Covid fears
Mum claims damp slug-infested home with 'no-go rooms' gave her daughter tonsillitis have 365 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.