With Harry and Meghan dominating headlines in the run-up to their much-anticipated, tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, it seems the world is waiting to hear the revelations about the Royal Family expected to be revealed when the programme airs. The Duchess of Sussex won’t be the first royal to publicly open up, of course, nor the first celebrity to give an explosive TV chat. Ahead of the Winfrey programme being shown in the US on Sunday, we take a look at some of the most memorable high-profile broadcast interviews of all time. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player BBC to investigate Bashir’s Diana interview Princess Diana It was the TV scoop of the decade: Martin Bashir ‘s famous 1995 Panorama interview with Diana , which aired nine months before her divorce from Prince Charles. Revelations included the princess describing Camilla Parker Bowles as the “third person” in the royal marriage, Diana’s admission of infidelity with Army captain James Hewitt, and discussion of her struggles with bulimia and doubts over Charles’ suitability to be king. Advertisement Watched by 23 million people, the BBC interview made Bashir a household name – but sent shockwaves through the monarchy. It… Read full this story
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Rollerblading, step aerobics... gym was a real tonic for Princess Diana, says her personal trainer
- Inside glam lives of Princess Diana’s twin nieces Eliza and Amelia Spencer with stunning beach days & handsome partners
- Hilarious royal wedding photos: Prince William & Kate Middleton, Prince Harry & Meghan Markle, Princess Eugenie, more
- Lady Amelia Spencer talks plans to marry at Princess Diana's childhood home
- Meghan Markle erases her first names 'Rachel Meghan' from Archie's birth certificate in favour of Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex 'in nod to Princess Diana'
- Romantic royal proposal stories: Meghan Markle, Princess Eugenie, Kate Middleton & more
- Prince Harry & Meghan's £11million home is full of secret meanings - see inside
- Meghan Markle will be 'snubbing' the royal family if she chooses not to join Prince Harry when he returns to the UK this summer and it will cast a 'dark shadow over the Queen's celebrations', royal expert claims
- Meghan Markle says taking her Christian names off son Archie's birth certificate was 'dictated' by Buckingham Palace and it's 'offensive' to suggest she wanted to be 'nameless'
- Meghan Markle 'will stay home while Prince Harry visits the UK' to see his family for the first time since Megxit - but insiders say it's not a snub and will avoid a diplomatic drama
Meghan on Oprah: From Princess Diana to Tom Cruise, 11 of the biggest bombshell celebrity interviews of all time have 408 words, post on news.sky.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.