Buckingham Palace remains silent more than 24 hours after Harry and Meghan’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey aired in the US – with the British public divided on the couple’s explosive claims following its first UK broadcast. While the world waits for a response from the Royal Family, celebrities and a number of charities have been expressing their support for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex over their comments – notably surrounding Meghan ‘s openness about how her mental health was impacted by her time as a working royal. Meghan revealed she had suicidal thoughts during her time in the family. The duchess claimed she asked to go somewhere for help, but a senior person in the institution told her it would not look good. Revelations from the Oprah interview The duchess also claimed – to Oprah’s apparent disbelief – that an unnamed member of the royal household had “concerns” about the skin colour of the couple’s son Archie before he was born. Oprah later said Harry told her the person was not the Queen or Prince Philip . Buckingham Palace has not yet commented on the allegations, which have left the British public split. The programme aired in full… Read full this story
- Meghan, Harry and Archie to spend Thanksgiving in US with gran Doria before Christmas with the Queen in six-week holiday
- Meghan Markle and Harry's pals 'accuse royals of not giving couple recognition'
- Queen 'our most modernising monarch ever' say 'aides' to Meghan and Harry's pals
- Meghan Markle’s recent snub of Prince Charles’ invitation to exhibition reveals the real tensions in the Royal Family
- ‘Eco-warriors’ Meghan Markle and Prince Harry fly on private jet again to France after gas-guzzling Ibiza trip
- Prince Charles ‘absolutely furious’ over Harry and Wills feud – and being ‘let down’ when Meghan Markle cancelled on him
- Meghan Markle and Harry's documentary was 'utter disaster' and will 'cause chaos' for Royals
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'build £4,000 barbecue area' at Frogmore Cottage
- ‘Fragile’ Prince Harry says he’s ‘never felt stronger’ and hits out at ‘out-of-touch’ royals’ reaction to ITV doc
- The royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Meghan and Harry interview: Palace silent and public divided after couple's bombshell Oprah discussion airs in UK have 348 words, post on news.sky.com at March 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.