It is no exaggeration to say that THAT interview is THE talk of Los Angeles. On leafy Larchmont Boulevard, in the middle of the Duchess of Sussex’s home city, two friends greeted each other outside of a coffee shop with a breathless: “Did you SEE Meghan Markle?” The drama of Oprah, Meghan and Harry is one that America has tuned into in a big way. The US TV viewing figures suggest 17 million people watched the two-hour special , a long way short of the 62 million who watched Oprah’s sit-down with Michael Jackson in 1993 but, in today’s fractured media eco-system, a stonking prime time audience. Revelations from the Oprah interview And even those who didn’t watch were caught up on everything that was revealed and alleged – and the bombshell accusation of racism in the Royal family has struck a raw nerve in America. Advertisement “I think there’s a lot of things that people suspected about the Royal family but that no-one’s come out and said,” said Lucy Roberts. “That being said it is a lot of ‘he said, she said’, but I really like Meghan and I tend to believe she’s telling the truth.” It was a… Read full this story
- Pregnant Meghan Markle felt ‘unprotected’ by ‘institution’ of Royal Family
- Pregnant Meghan Markle felt ‘unprotected’ by ‘institution’ of Royal Family & left pals ‘concerned for her welfare’
- Kate Middleton warned Prince Harry not to rush into marrying 'completely different' Meghan Markle according to explosive new book - which claims the Duke's lavish spending sparked his rift from Prince William
- Meghan and Harry are being protected by Tyler Perry's security team at his LA mansion, Charles is NOT paying and the couple will fund their own protection, claim friends
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry news: Duke discusses ‘challenges of finding resilience’ amid Covid after BLM video call
- Meghan Markle's 14 explosive new court claims - including feeling 'unprotected'
- Prince Harry took it badly when his brother asked ‘are you sure Meghan is the right one?’
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle officially SHUT DOWN their Sussex Royal charity as they shift focus to eco-tourism scheme 'Travalyst'
- Sad photo of Archie’s christening reveals Queen’s feelings towards Meghan Markle
- EXCLUSIVE: Meghan Markle tells friends her instinct to leave the UK 'all makes sense' now because she was 'destined' to help fight systemic racism in US - and she hasn't ruled out a career in politics
Meghan and Harry interview: Hollywood backs 'Team Meghan' as Royal racism allegations grip La La land have 400 words, post on news.sky.com at March 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.