All day we’d been talking about it, but it was only at 9pm on Monday that a mass UK audience got to see that Oprah interview for the first time. The moment that the Royal Family was exposed from within. Harry and Meghan accusing the firm of being unsupportive, uncaring and at worst racist. Watching parts of Meghan’s compelling and at times jaw-dropping conversation with Oprah for a second time, I was left wondering if this was newcomer legitimately lifting the lid on what challenges the institution still has to overcome if it’s to be truly modern? Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Meghan claims Archie’s skin colour was discussed Or was this a woman who’d been made to feel like an outsider who had scores to settle? Advertisement That is one of the fascinating aspects of the impact of this interview, and the whole narrative around the Sussexes since they announced they wanted to step back. Even before the interview many had either opted for Team Sussex or Team Windsor. I’ll watch with interest to see if the interview in any way shifts the sympathy scales towards Harry and Meghan. More from Meghan Markle Meghan… Read full this story
- Baby Archie's best friends revealed… and they’re NOT member’s of the royal family
- Feared royal biographer Tom Bower sets his sights on Meghan Markle as friends worry the author could drive a wedge between the Sussexes and the rest of the Royal family
- Meghan Markle urges women to ‘stand up for themselves’ – but fans jump on Instagram typo
- Royal regret: How 'unwise' Prince Harry took huge risk in public life
- Meghan Markle revelation: How Duchess is NOT only royal to appear on popular US TV show
- Sir Elton John is supporting Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's attack on the British press and advised the couple to 'follow their hearts', royal expert claims
- James Benoit makes the cut as Archie's first pal: While the nation had to wait weeks to catch a glimpse of the royal baby, Meghan Markle's hairdresser was one of the first to see him at Frogmore - and now he's 'formed a good bond' with the five-month-old
- EXCLUSIVE: It's YOUR turn to make amends, Meghan! Samantha Markle begs her sister to let their estranged father be in the new royal baby's life and use the birth to end family rift
- Meghan Markle is in talks with Vogue to have a regular column in both the magazine's US and UK editions focusing on her charity work, after Amal Clooney 'encouraged Duchess to promote her philanthropy projects'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle sue Mail on Sunday
Meghan and Harry interview: Dignified silence from Royal Family isn't enough to shut this one down have 440 words, post on news.sky.com at March 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.