LUKE Shaw will NOT face any FA action for claiming referee Stuart Attwell refused to give Manchester United a penalty because of the reaction it would cause. But there is no suggestion of any issues as far as the FA is concerned over what Attwell actually said to United skipper Harry Maguire. Embarrassed United chiefs sought to row back Shaw's comments in a Sky interview after the goalless draw at Chelsea. The England left-back had been asked about Attwell's decision to ignore the recommendation of his VAR Chris Kavanagh to award a spot-kick for handball by Callum Hudson-Odoi. Attwell, though, stuck with his initial call after viewing the pitch-side monitor – only the sixth time this season a recommended overturn has not been heeded. Shaw claimed that United skipper Maguire had been stunned by Attwell's justification. He said: "The ref even said to H, if it's a pen it's going to cause a lot of talk after. So I don't know what happened there." Scrambling United backtracked later on Sunday, suggesting that Shaw had misheard Maguire in what appeared a desperate effort to avoid a likely ban. FA regulations state that comments about officials that "imply bias or attack their… Read full this story
- Interview for "Under the Cloak of Darkness: The Story of John Apparite" author I. Michael Koontz
- Philadelphia Church of God Leads Laodicean Era (Conclusion)
- After Eve [Part #12: Long-nec: Plesiosaurus]
- Personality And The Biggest Male Mistake With Women
- The Future Of The Culture Wars Is Here, And It's Gamergate
- Gene Simco - The History of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu - Pt 3
- Is Christianity Losing America?
- Martial Arts and The Bible
- Joseph Smith, the Mormon Prophet, in the Company of the Biblical Prophets
- What Is On The Other Side Of The Stars?
Man Utd ace Luke Shaw will NOT face FA action over referee comments sparking mystery over what Attwell told Maguire have 301 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.