KATY Perry was slammed by BTS Army for giving the band a shout-out on American Idol after she “dissed” fans during a 2019 concert. Fans claimed she tried to appropriate a phrase that is very dear to them. During last night’s episode of American Idol , fans got to see Anthony Key audition while singing and dancing to BTS’s Dynamite, their first English-only song. After a couple of verses, Katy – along with Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan – got up to dance along with him before they came to the conclusion that his vocals weren’t as strong as his dancing moves. However, before eliminating him, the mother of one smiled and saluted him, saying: “I purple heart you.” This is a reference to BTS – a K-pop group that has found fame in the United States – as one of the members revealed that them saying, “I purple you” means, “I trust and love you for a long time.” Following the performance, the BTS Army that had been watching the show quickly took to Twitter to slam the I Kissed A Girl singer. One fan wrote: “How dare you use the color purple when you so blatantly fail to… Read full this story
- Will Katy Perry’s baby Daisy have a royal friend growing up?
- 100 Albums Released in 2020 to Put on Your Radar
- Here’s the Complete List of 2020 iHeartRadio Music Award Winners
- Lone Star Crazy: How Right-Wing Extremists Took Over Texas
- All 340 Bruce Springsteen Songs, Ranked From Worst to Best
- The 100 best films on Amazon Prime to watch right now
- The 44 best HBO series streaming right now
- Where are UK's Eurovision Song Contest entrants now - from EastEnders to bankruptcy
- The 85 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
Katy Perry slammed by BTS army for giving band a shout-out on American Idol after she ‘dissed’ fans during 2019 concert have 280 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.