JEREMY Paxman has defended his bizarre habit of shooting squirrels with an air rifle while sitting on his toilet. The broadcasting legend, 70, who lives in Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, branded the rodents a “menace” that scare off songbirds and “kill all sorts of things.” He shrugged off the suggestion that he was being “cruel,” and instead responded that “they’re annoying me.” Speaking to comedian Richard Herring, the 70-year-old said: “You turn around – not while I’m having a c**p of course – just sitting on the loo if it’s by the window. "You sit on the loo with the lid down. With an air rifle you can pop, pop off a squirrel or two." The former Newsnight host and University Challenge presenter – renowned for his ferocious interviewing technique – said he saw nothing wrong with targeting squirrels. Paxman said: "Why is it cruel? They're annoying me. "They're always getting on the bird feeder. "I love song birds and I can't stand the fact that squirrels are always driving them off. "They kill all sorts of things. For example they kill trees – entire trees are killed by squirrels. "They're a menace." Mr Paxman first revealed his bizarre habit of opening… Read full this story
- 'Mobbing' defendant's court file sealed
- Wis. Police Confront White Man and Black Man: Only 1 Is Shot
- Former Blackwater Security Guard Convicted of First-Degree Murder for 2007 Massacre of Iraqi Civilians
- Greene County trailer jail: Good solution or 'recipe for disaster'?
- Barack Obama, Stacey Abrams, John Kerry and Irshad Manji on How to Make America Great—Finally
- POLITICO Playbook: Sneak peek of House Dems’ agenda
- Life Begins at Sixteen
- Emotional support alligator offers comfort — with razor-sharp teeth
- Police Confront 2 Men, 1 White, 1 Black: Only 1 is Shot
- What were The Seattle Times’ top stories of 2018? Here’s the list.
Jeremy Paxman defends shooting ‘menace’ squirrels with an air rifle while sitting on TOILET have 305 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.