A JAPANESE billionaire on Wednesday launched a search for eight people to join him as the first private passengers on a trip around the moon with Elon Musk’s SpaceX. Fashion tycoon Yusaku Maezawa had originally planned to invite artists for the weeklong voyage slated for 2023. The rejigged project will “give more people from around the globe the chance to join this journey. If you see yourself as an artist, then you are an artist,” Maezawa said. The first stage of the selection process runs to March 14, with applicants needing to pass medical checks and, eventually, an interview with Maezawa. The entrepreneur, who sold his online fashion business Zozo to SoftBank in 2019, is paying the entire cost of the voyage on SpaceX’s next-generation reusable launch vehicle, dubbed the Starship. “I thought there might be delays but everything is on schedule,” said Maezawa in an interview. Watch this video to learn more about the selection process. It also contains a special message from @elonmusk #dearMoon https://t.co/i3ucR6BB44 pic.twitter.com/B3d8g0JvvP — Yusaku Maezawa (MZ) (@yousuckMZ) March 2, 2021 Two recent Starship prototypes have exploded during testing, underscoring the risks for Maezawa, 45, and his fellow passengers. The group must also contend with… Read full this story
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX suffers second rocket mishap in days as new starship prototype COLLAPSES on hanger
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk confirms India entry, opens unit in Bengaluru
- Elon Musk confirms SpaceX is developing floating spaceports to launch Starship rockets to Mars, the moon and for hypersonic travel around Earth
- SpaceX simplified: Everything you need to know about Elon Musk's rocket empire
- What is Elon Musk’s net worth and is he the richest person in the world?
- Elon Musk targets telecom for next disruption with Starlink internet
- SpaceX successfully launches another 60 Starlink satellites into space - taking its growing internet 'megaconstellation' to almost 1,000
- SpaceX’s Starship rocket fires up engines ahead of dramatic flight test scheduled for TODAY
- SpaceX needs to swap two engines out of Starship prototype before test flight
- Jeff Bezos: Blue Origin space company will take first woman to the moon
Japanese billionaire will PAY for your flight on Elon Musk’s SpaceX Moon rocket – how to apply for ‘eight spare seats’ have 348 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.