A Janet Jackson documentary is in the works, with the star reportedly giving unprecedented intimate access and “leaving no stone unturned”. The programme, which has the working title Janet , will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the star’s self-titled debut album, released in 1982 when she was just 16, and is set to air early in 2022. The announcement comes just weeks after Jackson’s infamous Super Bowl “wardrobe malfunction” in 2004 came back into the international spotlight when her co-performer Justin Timberlake – who exposed one of her breasts on stage – issued a public apology for the way he dealt with the incident in the aftermath. Jackson, 54, who bore the brunt of the criticism while Timberlake’s solo career flourished, will give her side of the story in the programme. She will also talk about the death of brother Michael Jackson in 2009 and discuss her romantic relationships, as well as becoming a mother later in life, US network A&E said. The singer welcomed her son Eissa at the age of 50 in 2017 . Advertisement A&E has described the documentary, which will run for four hours in two episodes, as being “an intimate, honest and unfiltered look at… Read full this story
- The 100 best films on Amazon Prime Video to watch right now
- Singer Ledisi To Play Gospel Music Icon & Martin Luther King Jr. Companion Mahalia Jackson In ‘Remember Me: The Mahalia Jackson Story’
- 100 Greatest Movie Songs From 100 Years of Film
- YouTube Gets Back With Demi Lovato In Four-Part Documentary Series – Update
- Browns advance, Brees to meet Brady, Lamar Jackson a winner
- Michael Jackson's terrifying 'jar of fake noses after surgery left him with no nostrils'
- These Are the 50 Most Covered Songs of All Time
- Elisabeth Moss Finds “Super Rare” Female Antihero In ‘Shirley’ & “Incredible” First Go-Round Directing ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’
- Car dealership CEO and popular beauty vlogger wife branded 'selfish and insensitive' for 'covering up' Dubai trip after 'making 300 staff redundant' - as she claims she 'didn't realise' it was against government advice
- Timely ‘MLK/FBI’ And Stranger-Than-Fiction ‘Assassins’ Documentaries Debut – Specialty Preview
Janet Jackson documentary: Two-part film to cover Michael Jackson and Super Bowl controversy have 335 words, post on news.sky.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.