There’s growing speculation Ivanka Trump might follow in her father’s footsteps with a bid for the White House in a future election.
Some pundits are convinced the 39-year-old former First Daughter has her eyes on the role of Florida governor, VP to her dad should he run again in 2024, or even the position of US President herself.
But a commentator says while politics might seem like the obvious next step for Ivanka, she’s got a “questionable past” that could jeopardise her chances.
Spencer Critchley, a former communications consultant for Barack Obama’s campaigns, told news.com.au Ivanka’s recent actions did suggest she was angling for a political run of some kind.
These include her “ostentatiously virtuous positions on non-controversial topics like motherhood or being kind to each other” and appearing at state events, such as the G20 summit in 2019, despite not holding an official ambassador role.
“It seems clear with the hints she’s dropped over the years that she thinks (running for office) is the logical next step,” he said.
“But Ivanka is obviously completely unqualified in terms of her experience but also in terms of her character – in many ways she’s similar to her father.
“Ivanka, from the beginning and even before the Trump administration, had been involved in very questionable stuff.”
These “questionable” moments include when Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner were both granted security clearances against the advice of intelligence officials after President Trump intervened.
“These examples show the reality of Ivanka Trump – that she is unqualified and every bit as questionable as you would expect a Trump child to be,” he said.
- What We Know About Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump's Financial Disclosure Forms
- Ivanka Trump Reportedly Moving Into White House Office Reserved for First Lady
- Trump Teen Rape Allegation Resurfaces, Ronan Farrow Claims National Enquirer Tried to Protect Him in New Book
- David Duke Godson Calls Trump's Birthright Citizenship Removal Plan 'Goal of White Nationalists'
- 'Useful to Keep Them Nervous': LISTEN as Top Trump Aide Blabs US Venezuela Plans
- It's not all plain-sailing! Full-steam ahead for Ivanka in a nautical-themed shirt as it emerges she is desperate to lower expectations of what she can do in her dad's White House after learning about trans military ban on Twitter
- Inside Bedminster, President Trump’s New Jersey Pleasure Palace
- Ivanka Spins Alternate Reality on ‘Fox & Friends’
- Trump planning shakeup, eyeing new chief of staff and DHS secretary: Sources
- Trump Directed Cohen to Lie About Moscow Deal—and Mueller’s Got the Evidence, Report Says
- Donald Trump's midterm results and exit polls have left us some big clues about 2020
- All 103 false statements Donald Trump made in his first 100 days in office
- Trump clan out in force! Don Jr, Eric, pregnant Lara, Tiffany and Ivanka all turn out to see their father launch his 2020 presidential campaign at huge rally in Florida
- BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump is told to pay $2 MILLION to non-profits for misusing his charitable foundation
- Trump Foundation agrees to shut down under court supervision
- Speed Read: The Most Explosive Revelations From Bob Woodward’s New Book Inside Trump’s White House
- Trump’s Shameless Plan to Disqualify Every Impeachment Witness
- The Long, Futile Search for President Trump’s LGBT Pride
- 'This election is about you. Your family, your future & the fate of YOUR country': Trump lays it on the line at 20,000-strong Orlando rally as he kicks off 2020 re-election campaign with his entire family and obligatory digs at 'Crooked Hillary'
- A Brief History of Donald Trump and Bill Clinton's Friendship
Ivanka Trump's 'questionable' past could halt Presidential plans, expert claims have 574 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at March 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.