On average, female friendships last 16 years, which is six years longer than the average romantic relationship, so it comes as no surprise that whether good or bad, friendships have a significant impact on our mental health. Life is too short to have unsupportive or manipulative friends. They might judge you, gossip behind your back or even compete with you. You might not even realise that a relationship has turned toxic or unhealthy. Sometimes we accept emotional abuse from a friend in a way we never would a romantic partner. Toxic friendships are hugely detrimental to our lives and confidence so you need to register the signs early on to be able to nip them in the bud. It is vital to your happiness and wellbeing to walk away from a toxic friendship before it meta-sizes. Scarlett V Clark, founder of the Smart Girl Tribe, says ‘toxic friendships are hugely detrimental to our lives and confidence so you need to register the signs early on to be able to nip them in the bud’ (file photo) Could YOU be in a toxic friendship? Take this quiz to find out 1. You have just got a promotion at work and you’re… Read full this story
- 'She sent me articles on polyamory': Single mother is shocked after her best friend asks her to have sex with her HUSBAND
- 9 Warning Signs Perfectionism is Killing Your Digital Productivity
- For Silicon Valley's open campuses, YouTube shooting is a warning sign
- How to Dump a Friend
- The 20 best movies of 2014
- HOW YOU CAN BEAT PAIN: Day one of our expert guide reveals ways to stop little aches turning into arthritis and what to eat to help keep them at bay
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'SPLIT': Couple are 'taking a break from two-year relationship as they agree to 50/50 custody of daughter Stormi'
- The best of film 2014: The ballots
- Gwen Stefani gave Blake Shelton a 'handmade sign' for their home on his birthday... as musical couple talk about marriage 'a lot'
- Leo is afraid of humiliation and Cancer dreads abandonment: Astrologer reveals the biggest fears for every star sign - and how to overcome them
Is YOUR best friend toxic? Take the quiz to reveal the warning signs of a manipulative and controlling relationship have 350 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.