Jennette McCurdy has confirmed that she has quit acting and has slated her own career as ’embarrassing’. The 28-year-old is probably best known for her part in Nickelodeon’s iCarly, in which she starred with Ariana Grande . Jennette was particularly dismissive of her career as she spoken with actress Anna Faris on the Empty Inside podcast. The former child star said that due to the anxiety she used to feel when auditioning meant that she found acting “always, always, always” difficult. Jennette said that her acting was pushed by her mother and she was the one who would sign her up for roles. When she died a few years ago, Jennette took the decision to quit the profession and will not appear in the iCarly reboot that is being planned by Paramount+. She said: “I quit a few years ago because I initially didn’t want to do it. “My mom put me in it when I was six and by sort of age, I guess, 10 or 11, I was the main financial support for my family.” Financial pressures on the family then became the main motivation to continue with her acting career. Jennette continued: “And it was very much… Read full this story
- Reese Witherspoon says she was caught off guard by ex Ryan Phillippe's 2002 Oscars comment
- Weinstein's 'bulldog' defense lawyer Donna Rotunno who loathes the #MeToo movement, loves representing accused rapists and says she's 'never been sexually assaulted because she never put herself in the position to be'
- Reese Witherspoon says she was 'flummoxed' by Ryan Phillippe's money joke at the 2002 Oscars
- British ex-Miramax assistant Zelda Perkins who was the first to break a NDA with Harvey Weinstein says she dealt with him using 'humour and aggression' and puts her 'survival' down to her 'lack of ambition' in the film industry
- Joe Biden says 'that's one of the few things we agree on' after Donald Trump snubs his inauguration but says he would be 'honored' if Mike Pence comes and says it's up to Congress to decide on impeachment
- Nick Saban's Daughter Apologizes For Ohio State COVID Tweet, 'I'm Ashamed'
- Man fired for calling his Tinder date a ‘disgusting fat pig’ when she refused to sleep with him says he was ‘acting out’
- Demi Lovato Says Capitol Riots Inspired Her New Music: ‘Impeach Trump Tonight’
- 'It was like an alien had invaded my body': Amanda Bynes looks like a new woman as she poses for VERY demure Paper cover, while detailing the years of marijuana and Adderall abuse that sparked her public breakdown
- GOP turns on Trump and blames his 'deluded' election fraud campaign for disastrous Georgia Senate defeat - as Romney says he's 'disgraced the presidency'
iCarly's Jennette McCurdy quits acting saying she's 'ashamed and embarrassed' have 441 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.