GORDON ELLIOTT has been told to hand in his licence and ‘get his life back in order’ after his dead horse photo shame. The three-time Grand National-winning trainer, 43, will find out his punishment for the sick snap on Friday. Already it has done massive damage to his career, with two big sponsors cutting ties and eight horses leaving his yard . One of those was unbeaten superstar and red-hot Cheltenham Festival favourite Envoi Allen. His staff are said to be ‘in tears’ and Elliott has been banned from racing in Britain less than two weeks before the biggest punting week of the year . Ted Walsh, a fellow former National winner, believes now is the right time for Elliott to step away from the sport. Walsh, 70, who labelled the despicable photo a ‘crazy act’, told RTE Radio: “Maybe he should hand over his licence. “Maybe he should take a break, give it in and say, ‘I’ll take six months or 12 months or a sabbatical’, take a breather to get his life back in order, to get himself back in order too.” The trainer said the photo, that showed Elliott on the phone while doing the peace gesture,… Read full this story
- Grand National 2019: What time is the race tomorrow, what TV channel is it on and which horse is favourite to win?
- Fairtrade urges commitment to living wage for cocoa farmers
- Ian Austin MP quits the Labour Party with angry attack on Corbyn 'shame'
- 'Graphic' photo of grandad killed in hit-and-run his family wants you to see
- Venezuela's Juan Guaido says 'all options open' after soldiers set fire to aid convoys in deadly border clashes
- From the Web to Real Life: The Growing Threat of Online-Bred Right-Wing Extremism
- 'You destroyed my life': Woman left for dead recalls recalls apologising as teenage boy tried to murder her
- 'You destroyed my life': Woman left for dead recalls apologising as teenage boy tried to murder her
- Mum who tried to claim £2.5m damages from NHS jailed after photos of her partying at Ibiza hen party emerge
- Keith Miller reviews Dead Rabbits Saloon, London N4: posh junk and hooligan nights
Gordon Elliott urged to give up licence and ‘get life back in order’ after dead horse photo shame have 347 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.