It was a night when stars accepted awards in tracksuit bottoms, pyjamas and hoodies from rooms with too many doors, and the hosts presented from different coasts (albeit with a whizzy background to make them appear united). But despite heading into the 78th Golden Globes under a cloud of criticism over lack of diversity and dubious nomination choices , the ceremony was relatively hitch-free. Finishing (almost) on time, and with an admirable cast of winners (including a host of British stars) there were laughs, tears and glimpses of stars’ homes across the world as Hollywood enjoyed its first big awards ceremony of 2021. We take a look at seven of the best bits of the night. Golden Globes updates: Here’s what happened at the virtual ceremony Daniel, you’re on mute! Advertisement With hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting from two separate locations (Poehler at The Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles and Fey at NBC headquarters in New York) and all the nominees attending virtually, there were bound to be a few technical hitches. It started well, with near-seamless backdrops and the pair joking about being together – with Fey’s disembodied arm reaching through the screens to stroke Poehler’s… Read full this story
- Jada Pinkett Smith Accuses Golden Globes of Refusing to Watch ‘Girls Trip,’ Globes Says Fake News
- The Fug Girls Live-Blog the 2012 Golden Globes Red Carpet
- The 25 Best TV Shows of the Decade
- The Best And Most Shocking Scenes From TV And Movies This Decade
- Best Music of 2019: Staff Picks
- If Taylor Swift and
- Oscars: Pete Hammond’s Absolute Final Predictions In All 24 Categories
- What happened to Eddie Murphy?
- From Robot Voices to John Williams, A History of
- 46 Movies We’re Excited About in 2018
Golden Globes 2021: Daniel Kaluuya on mute, animal invasions and too many doors - the seven best moments have 281 words, post on news.sky.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.