A 10-year-old girl was tasered by police in London following reports she was threatening a woman with weapons. The Metropolitan Police has revealed details of the incident in January after a complaint was passed to the police watchdog. The force told Sky News it was called to a property in southwest London after receiving reports that a girl was “threatening a woman with garden shears and a hammer”. A Met Police spokesman said: “Officers attended the scene and entered the property. A police Taser was discharged. “The girl was uninjured but taken to hospital as a precaution.” Advertisement The Met Police said it carried out a review of the incident and “no misconduct was identified”. A formal complaint was received on 27 February and a voluntary referral has been made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), a spokesman added. More from London Grenfell Tower: ‘Dismissive’ treatment of residents is a ‘disgrace’, London mayor Sadiq Khan tells public inquiry Richard Okorogheye: Missing student has chronic condition and was ‘struggling to cope’ with shielding, mum says Police hunt for man who was released from Wormwood Scrubs prison by mistake Sarah Everard: Police hunt man who exposed himself to woman during… Read full this story
- 'They're in the river!' Desperate screams of girl, 10, after she escaped the family car plunging into flood-swollen torrent trapping her mother, brother and sister inside
- Coventry Kidnapping: Three Jailed After Tasering Young Man’s Genitals, Holding Knife to Young Woman’s Throat
- London attack: Direct hand by ISIS unlikely, counterterrorism expert says
- TWO killed in London Bridge terror attack: Maniac wielding TWO KNIVES and wearing a FAKE suicide vest on a stabbing rampage is shot dead by police after hero passers-by wrestle him to ground
- Woman tells how her ex burned her mum to death in front of her after bungling cops failed to stop him stalking her
- Bill Barr hammers critics and backs federal agents battling a ‘mob of hundreds of rioters’ in fiery House remarks
- Police stopped Reading terror suspect A DAY before attack: Khairi Saadallah was found wandering the streets by mental health team after missing a check hours before he 'killed three people' as it emerges he was on government's deradicalisation programme
- Woman shot by police 'threw wine bottle out window and was acting aggressively'
- Thunderstorms hit Britain after roads MELTED, reservoirs dried up and parts of London 'ran out of water' as temperatures soared to 92F on the hottest day of the year
- Two 15-year-old schoolboys and 19-year-old man are gunned down in carpark shooting in north London with one victim left fighting for life and another with serious injuries
Girl, 10, tasered by police in London after 'threatening woman with hammer and garden shears' have 430 words, post on news.sky.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.