Their messiah is no longer in power, but some followers of the QAnon conspiracy theory believe that Donald Trump will return to the throne today. Followers of the wide-ranging movement think the former president is waging a secret war against elite Satan-worshipping paedophiles and will eventually be restored to high office. But why on 4 March? Well, that date was, until the 20th amendment was passed in 1933, the inauguration date for presidents. The fringe belief that is still the rightful date comes from the unfounded claim among some QAnon followers that the US turned from a country to a corporation after the District of Columbia Organic Act in 1871. Advertisement Some claim that any president sworn in before that date is therefore illegitimate. March the 4th began spreading among QAnon followers only days after Joe Biden was sworn in on 20 January. More from US COVID-19: San Diego Zoo’s great apes given experimental coronavirus vaccine after becoming infected Janet Jackson documentary: Two-part film to cover Michael Jackson and Super Bowl controversy Friends reunion special: When is it? David Schwimmer reveals filming date and details for one-off show US police uncover ‘possible plot’ by militia group to breach Capitol on… Read full this story
- The Original Donald Trump
- US ambassador to EU, Gordon Sondland, says he followed Donald Trump's orders in Ukraine 'quid pro quo'
- Why Donald Trump — and Other Powerful Men — Love to Cast Themselves As Victims
- Donald Trump asked Ukraine President to investigate Joe Biden in phone call sparking impeachment inquiry
- Donald Trump says he wanted 'nothing' from Ukranians as US ambassador Gordon Sondland says otherwise at impeachment hearing
- Donald Trump yet to deliver promise to end Barack Obama's 'war on coal' but locals hopeful the worst is far behind them
- Donald Trump is digging in after two weeks of public impeachment hearings
- Full Transcript: President Donald Trump's Speech Fires Up the NRA
- Read Michael Cohen's Testimony Calling Donald Trump a 'Racist' and 'Con Man' in Full
- 'Way Too Premature': Michael Cohen's Testimony Fails to Move Seasoned Democrats Toward Impeaching Donald Trump
Followers of 'doomsday cult' QAnon believe Donald Trump will retake power today have 332 words, post on news.sky.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.