A mum and her three children were forced to climb out of an upstairs window to escape their home during a “terrifying” fire which destroyed all of their possessions. Jessica Howston and her family have been left with nothing but the clothes they were wearing after the blaze broke out on the ground floor at their home in Reading, Berkshire, on February 25. They will be unable to return for at least six months and the fire was likely caused by an electrical fault, Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue have said. Jessica, who has taken her traumatised children to temporarily live with her parents, said she had a “meltdown” after making it out of the fire, reports BerkshireLive. “It was just terrifying. We were in one of the bedrooms and I realised we had to get out,” she explained. “The house was full of smoke, you couldn’t see to the bottom of the stairs. If you want to contribute to helping raise funds for the family you can visit her JustGiving page here “I think I went into some sort of survival mode and we managed to get out of a window onto the roof of an extension. “One of… Read full this story
- Heartbroken Irish family left homeless by a fire just days before Christmas admit they are lucky to be alive
- Gaia Pope’s heartbroken mum says missing student may be ‘held against her will in a garage or back of a van’
- Missing student Gaia Pope pictured buying an ice cream from petrol station ‘with a family member’ one hour before she vanished
- Donegal flood victims fume as some claim they’ve been left ‘high and dry’ by the State after their homes are gutted
- Mum-of-one devastated after ‘tumble dryer fire’ wrecks her home while she is out shopping at Iceland
- Heartbroken mum found hanged weeks after she refused to "forgive" herself for eight-year-old son dying in house fire
- When did Gaia Pope go missing in Swanage and what has her family said following the teen’s death?
- Nan homeless after bedside lamp sparks explosion that destroys her house and six grandchildren's Christmas presents
- "No sentence will bring him back": Man who stabbed 'love rival' to death in jealous rage then went for a haircut is jailed for life
- Devastating blow for grieving mum who lost husband to cancer after blaze destroys her home
Family left with 'only the clothes on our backs' after devastating fire at house have 391 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.