SPACEX is closing in on the latest launch of its Starship rocket, which the firm hopes to use to carry astronauts to Mars in 2024. The Starship prototype SN10 could fire high into the sky from a launchpad in Texas as early as today. In a recent tweet, Billionaire SpaceX founder Elon Musk said the ship’s launch window would open at 9am ET (2pm GMT) on March 3. Flight restrictions announced by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reveal that the company has three days to complete the flight. Residents near SpaceX’s Starship facility in the town of Boca Chica say that they have been advised to evacuate their homes ahead of the launch. Should the launch go ahead, it would mark the third high-altitude flight and landing conducted by a Starship rocket. There’s a lot of interest surrounding the launch after two recent flights were engulfed in flames after exploding upon landing. This flight, however, will be different. Both of SN10’s predecessors – SN9 and SN8 – attempted to descend and land using two of SpaceX’s huge Raptor rocket engines. They exploded on impact. SN10 will attempt a landing under an extra engine, taking its total to three. The final… Read full this story
- How long does it take to get to Mars, how many light years away is it and what was Elon Musk’s SpaceX launch?
- Tesla Model Y production ‘to start in November 2019’ as Elon Musk completes ‘S3XY’ line-up
- What is Elon Musk’s net worth, did the Tesla founder go out with Amber Heard and why has he built an underground tunnel in LA?
- Elon Musk’s ‘supervillain’ plan to NUKE Mars to help humans live on red planet rubbished by experts
- Elon Musk in 'absurd' dispute with Colorado artist over use of flatulating unicorn image
- SpaceX halts launch of satellite that will look for planets capable of supporting life
- Tesla’s Model 3 Is Elon Musk’s Hell
- 'Elon Musk of China' Aims to Lead His Business Onto the International Stage
- WATCH LIVE: Nasa launches Mars mission
- SpaceX has launched a rocket carrying a planet-hunting NASA telescope into space
Elon Musk’s Mars mission to colonise Red Planet starts’ TODAY’ with SpaceX Starship launch have 348 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.