A “worrying” number of children and teenagers are being recruited to terrorist groups during the coronavirus lockdown, the foreign secretary has told MPs. Dominic Raab was addressing the Commons about the UK’s fight against Islamic State . He said the UK was tackling the terror group’s propaganda “head on”, but warned it was “still able to carry out lethal attacks”. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player February: Yazidi massacre survivor on his capture by IS IS remains the UK’s “most significant terrorist threat” at home and abroad, the foreign secretary told MPs. “This is a critical moment,” Mr Raab said. Advertisement “Yes, Daesh’s [another name for IS] brand has weakened – it remains, nonetheless, globally recognised. “In December 2020, the UK Counter-Terrorism Referral Unit saw a 7% rise in the volume of terrorist content online and we can see a worrying rise in the proportion of children and teenagers that are now being arrested for terrorism offences. More from Dominic Raab China in ‘state of ongoing non-compliance’ over Hong Kong, Raab says Myanmar military coup: The death of democracy in South East Asia? Dominic Raab will use ‘UN megaphone’ to defend and define human rights COVID-19:… Read full this story
- Lockdown rules to ease in March but there won’t be a ‘Big Bang’ return to normal life, says Dominic Raab
- Dominic Raab hints people WON'T get second Covid jabs within 12 weeks and says some first injections might not be before September - despite 10 new vaccine hubs and Hancock claim that we are 'in home straight'
- Violent German Far-Right Groups' Recruitment Aided By Lockdown Frustrations
- More than half of over-80s have now had Covid jabs: Matt Hancock reveals the good news as as he claims we are 'on the home straight' - but Dominic Raab hints all adults might not be vaccinated before September
- Health chiefs admit they 'don't know' how many children have died from an inflammatory syndrome linked to coronavirus - despite 'some' youngsters mysteriously dying with no underlying conditions as officials say up to 20 children have been hospitalised
- Lifting brutal lockdown too early 'could drive MORE virus mutations' and No10 must keep Covid under control during vaccine roll-out, scientist says
- Health Sec Says It’s a ‘Long, Long, Long’ Way off from End of Lockdown
- When will lockdown end - and when will I get the vaccine? All the pledges this year
- Lockdown is set to be 'gradually lifted' from March when all over-70s are vaccinated: Five million more will be offered jab from TODAY as minister guarantees second doses within 12 weeks - amid warnings areas face postcode lottery for access
- First Covid vaccine could get UK approval within DAYS - as government bids to recruit celebrities and social media stars to counter ‘concerning’ anti-vaxxer theories online
Dominic Raab: 'Worrying' number of children and teenagers recruited to terrorist groups during lockdown have 457 words, post on news.sky.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.