DAREDEVIL Dick Sheppard, a stunt driver and showman who worked on the Italian Job and James Bond films, has died at the age of 90. The dad-of-nine boasted that he had wrecked 2,003 cars, appeared in 500 films and held 18 world records during his career. His death on March 1 was announced by his family on his Facebook page today. They said “Fondly known by many for his obsession with cars and motorbikes he was truly a larger than life character who caught the public’s attention with his daredevil stunts and world records. “His final wishes, however, were that we his family might grieve in private so we can reflect on his other roles as husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather.” At one point in his career, he held the most records in the Guinness World Book Of Records, though the title was later claimed by New Yorker Ashrita Furman. Sheppard was said to have destroyed over 2,000 cars while filming his mind-bending stunts for film and television. Starring Michael Caine as ex-convict Charlie, The Italian Job is renowned for its road races, following a group of cons plotting an elaborate heist. DAREDEVIL DEAD Performing stunts in the 60s… Read full this story
- James Bond star Ben Whishaw set to play NHS doctor Adam Kay in series based on his memoir... as No Time To Die's release date is changed AGAIN
- 'I just don't exist': the Italian chef Italy will not recognise
- How many people REALLY die from the coronavirus? Italian research suggests mortality rate could be as high as 7.4% but study in Qatar says it is just 0.01%
- Encore: Burt Reynolds Has Tales To Tell: Passing On ‘Cuckoo’s Nest’, 007, ‘Die Hard,’ Bonding With Eastwood, McQueen, Newman & Carson But Not Brando
- Coronavirus UPDATES: 135,000 face job cuts at Brit firms as furlough winds down
- Kamala Harris, Biden's running mate, spent career breaking barriers
- Wilford Brimley, ‘Cocoon’ and ‘The Natural’ Actor, Dead at 85
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' breaks global record with $630 million opening
- How Jeffrey Epstein abused underage girls for years 'with the help of Ghislaine Maxwell' as the 'power couple' lived a lavish lifestyle flying to his mansions around the world on the Lolita Express before his arrest and suicide
- Johnny Depp 'joked' with Paul Bettany about setting Amber Heard on fire and 'f***ing her burnt corpse to make sure she's dead' or drowning her to 'make sure she's not a witch'
Dick Sheppard dead: Italian Job and James Bond stuntman who held 18 world records during iconic career dies, aged 90 have 390 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.