An investigation has been launched after a soldier died during a live firing training exercise in Pembrokeshire in southwest Wales. The Welsh Guards sergeant was killed at the Castlemartin training area on Thursday. Dyfed-Powys Police is leading the investigation and is liaising with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the Health and Safety Executive. Police said they were called to the 6,000-acre site just before 10.45pm on 4 March and that the man was pronounced dead shortly after. The sergeant was reportedly an Iraq and Afghanistan veteran getting ready for another Iraq deployment this summer. Advertisement An Army spokesperson did not confirm his identity, but said: “It is with great sadness we can confirm the death of a soldier on March 4. “Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this tragic time. More from UK COVID-19: New variants ‘very unlikely to send us back to square one’ as UK lockdown eased, says top scientist COVID news live: Britons aged 56 and over can now get coronavirus jabs – as government defends 1% NHS pay rise COVID-19: Greece invites Britons to start booking holidays as it targets 40 islands for vaccinations Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: ‘Anxious’ husband and daughter don’t know… Read full this story
- What a blast: PTA showcases live-fire exercises
- A soldier from NJ was killed during a training exercise in Alaska.
- ‘He always wanted to serve.’ N.J. community mourns after father, son die in Army training accidents 15 years apart
- Father, son die in Army training accidents 15 years apart. N.J. community mourns terrible tragedy.
- Fired From Police Job for Lying, Arizona Lawmaker Tried to Help Cops Who Lie
- The pain may never subside, but Yarmouth Police Sgt. Sean Gannon continues to inspire people a year after his death
- Amherst police announce promotion of Gabriel Ting to captain
- No Charges in Sacramento Police Shooting of Stephon Clark
- A series of Taser deaths leaves San Mateo County searching for answers
- Inside the Mind of an Accused Serial Killer: Cleophus Cooksey’s Police Interviews
Death of Welsh Guards sergeant during live firing training exercise in Pembrokeshire investigated by police have 322 words, post on news.sky.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.