BRITAIN'S official coronavirus R rate has crept up again this week and could be as high as 1 in one of the UK’s hotspot areas. The R rate – which represents the number of people an infected person will pass Covid onto – is between 0.7 and 0.9 across the UK, Sage said today. This is slightly up from last weeks estimate which was between 0.6 and 0.9. Infections are rising in the North East and Yorkshire, with Sage also stating that this area has the highest R rate in the country, of 0.7 to 1. It comes as Portugal joins Cyprus and Greece in pledging to reopen its borders to sun seekers from the UK in just over two months’ time. Under the PM’s roadmap out of lockdown Brits will be prevented from travelling abroad for holidays until mid-May. But a number of Mediterranean countries are already working on plans to bring back tourism from the UK as soon as it’s allowed. Follow our coronavirus live blog below for the very latest news and updates on the pandemic … Dan Keane 8 minutes ago LIST OF MUTATIONS ‘WILL GROW’ Prof Gupta also warned that the list of Covid mutations is likely… Read full this story
- Who will get the Covid vaccine first, how many doses has Britain bought and when will it be rolled out? Everything you need to know about Pfizer's breakthrough jab
- The husband and wife behind covid vaccine that could change the world: Couple bonded over love of medical research that has given hope in battle against coronavirus
- When will a covid vaccine be available?
- UK could get ten million doses of COVID vaccine BEFORE Christmas after Pfizer jab proves 90% effective in 'major breakthrough' - as FTSE jumps 5% in its best day since MARCH
- As hopes grow for a Covid vaccine trust in the Govt has never been more important
- Coronavirus UK news – GPs could dole out Covid vaccine on Christmas and Boxing Day to protect millions
- Boris Johnson and NHS boss say Covid-19 hospitals admissions ARE rising quickly - despite experts claiming health service is NO busier than normal and accusing ministers of 'caving in' to dodgy propaganda
- Pfizer’s Covid vaccine breakthrough means ‘life will return to normal by spring’, says Govt adviser
- Holiday searches surge in wake of Covid vaccine trials success
- Who will get the Pfizer and BioNTech Covid vaccine first and when will it be available?
Covid vaccine news UK – R rate RISING again in the North as Portugal and Cyprus look to welcome Brit tourists from May have 391 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.