The UK has recorded another drop in COVID infections, with 5,177 reported in the last 24 hours. The latest figure is down from the 6,035 coronavirus cases recorded last Sunday. The daily figures on deaths are due to be released later today after a processing error in data for England. Meanwhile, a total of 23,335,514 COVID-19 jabs have been given in the UK so far, according to government data up to 6 March. Of these, 22,213,112 were first doses – a rise of 416,834 on the previous day. Advertisement Some 1,122,402 were second doses, an increase of 31,562. NHS England said on Sunday a further 90 people who tested positive for coronavirus have died in hospital in England. More from Covid-19 COVID-19: Boris Johnson defends proposed 1% pay rise for NHS staff COVID-19: UK should prepare now for ‘difficult autumn’ and ‘hard winter’, warns Public Health England official COVID-19: Longer school days, shorter summer holidays and five-term years all under consideration, says education secretary COVID news live: Warning extending school day may ‘backfire’ as classrooms in England prepare to reopen COVID-19: PM hails step towards ‘normality’ as schools in England to welcome back all students and care homes to allow… Read full this story
- Could you win millions as Powerball jackpot hits £575 million!
- Emirates Group records 31st consecutive year of profit of 631 million USD
- First Welsh song to hit one million plays
- Chris Evans and BBC Radio 2 drop to six-year low in Rajar ratings
- Immigration from outside EU has soared to its highest level since 2004 – as more Romanians settle in the UK
- Myth-busting facts around the flu jab, colds and influenza
- Mum who lost daughter to meningitis B slams Tories for risking 11 million lives
- CDC raises alarm about "growing STD epidemic" as cases hit record high
- Scots urged to get flu jabs as winter deaths hit 18-year high
- Bookies slash odds on UK having the coldest winter on record
COVID-19: UK records another drop in coronavirus infections as number of first jabs hits 22.2 million have 299 words, post on news.sky.com at March 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.