Schools across England will reopen to all pupils tomorrow in the prime minister’s first phase of lockdown easing. Students have spent months learning remotely and those returning to secondary schools will find additional safety measures including face coverings in classrooms and rapid coronavirus tests. Here, Sky News looks at some of the measures that will be carried out to try to keep staff and pupils safe – and the different approaches taken in the other UK nations. England Schools and colleges are reopening to all students in England on Monday, which Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said “marks a truly national effort to beat” COVID-19 . Advertisement Secondary school and college students will be asked to wear face coverings in classrooms where social distancing cannot be maintained as a new safety measure on their return. The measure – set for review at Easter – is not mandatory, and primary school pupils are not required to wear face coverings when they return to face-to-face lessons. Pupils will take two quick-result COVID tests per week in order to identify asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19 . Nearly 57 million lateral flow test kits, which can produce results in less than 30 minutes, have already… Read full this story
- Hopes of lifting lockdown fade: Britain's extreme coronavirus measures WILL be discussed at a COBRA meeting tomorrow - but Rishi Sunak refuses to 'speculate about the future' amid fears lockdown is to continue for weeks
- Coronavirus latest: Europe mulls easing lockdowns
- FMIA: Amidst Stunning 2020 Draft Possibilities, How One NFL Team Cuts Through The Mayhem To Get Ready
- Coronavirus live updates: Ninth death reported in SF as cases near 600; city’s jails clearing out
- Coronavirus live updates: More than 10,000 dead in US
- Coronavirus live updates: British Prime Minister in ICU
- Coronavirus live updates: 49 people test positive at Orinda nursing facility
- Coronavirus live updates: SF water usage falls sharply with office buildings shut
- As Germany's coronavirus outbreak appears to peak at fewer than 1,500 deaths - why HAS it performed so much better than most of Europe?
- Ministers prepare to extend lockdown into May with coronavirus peak ‘still ten days away’
COVID-19: Schools set to reopen across England tomorrow - here's what to expect have 338 words, post on news.sky.com at March 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.