A man and woman have been fined £10,000 each for failing to quarantine after returning from Dubai, police have said. Merseyside Police said fixed penalty notices for failing to comply with travel regulations were handed to two people from the Wirral after they avoided a direct flight back from the country, which is currently on the foreign travel red list , to one of the specified ports of entry required for quarantine. Live COVID updates from the UK and around the world COVID-19: How does hotel quarantine work in UK and how does it compare with other countries? A force spokesman said they received a report last Tuesday and following an investigation, both were fined on Friday and transported to a designated quarantine hotel. Chief Inspector Chris Barnes said: “Strict rules around international travel have been put in place by the government for a reason, and to disregard them in this way is selfish, inconsiderate, and potentially dangerous. Advertisement “Currently, the regulations mean that if you are a British or Irish national, or you have residence rights in the UK and are returning from a country on the foreign travel red list, you must quarantine in a government-approved hotel for… Read full this story
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: How To Dodge The ‘Quarantine 15’ With Mindful Eating, Exercise… & Bill Murray
- Vietnam an unforgettable trip for Covid-19 couple
- Coronavirus Update: 24 Test Positive For COVID-19 at San Francisco Mission District SRO Hotel
- Alabama prison system reports COVID-19 death, cases
- Covid-19: Shehbaz again excuses himself from NAB hearing
- Dubai issues comprehensive guidelines for opening various sectors amid coronavirus COVID-19 crisis
- Three Men Found Dead in New York Hotel Used to Quarantine Recovering COVID-19 Patients
- Coronavirus Australia: Billionaire Kerry Stokes excused from hotel quarantine after Aspen trip
- Victoria records 17 new coronavirus cases, bringing state's total COVID-19 tally to 1,319
- Coronavirus update: People suspected of carrying COVID-19 could be detained under Australia's biosecurity laws as experts warn world 'in uncharted territory'
COVID-19: Pair fined £10,000 each for avoiding hotel quarantine after Dubai trip have 314 words, post on news.sky.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.