Nearly 21 million people in the UK have now had a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. The government also reported 242 more coronavirus -related deaths and 6,573 new cases in the latest 24-hour period. This compares to the 315 fatalities and 6,385 infections announced on Wednesday. The number of people who have now had a first COVID-19 vaccine dose is 20,982,571 after a further 278,956 had the jab on Wednesday. And almost a million people – 963,862 – have now received the second jab, government figures show. Advertisement Meanwhile, Downing Street has urged people to continue to respect the lockdown after a survey suggested more than four in 10 over-80s who received a vaccine appear to have since broken the rules by meeting up with someone indoors. After the Office for National Statistics (ONS) data was released, the prime minister’s official spokesman said: “It’s important that people continue to follow the guidelines that are in place.” More from Covid-19 COVID-19: Italy and EU block Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine shipment to Australia as shortages row escalates Health secretary ‘more optimistic than ever’ about Britons enjoying staycations this summer COVID-19: More than 40% of over-80s have broken lockdown rules since getting vaccinated, ONS… Read full this story
- Nielsen says 29 million people watched wedding in USCOMMENTSLatest NewsNewsletter
- Inside a semitruck in Nebraska, troopers found enough fentanyl to kill 26 million people
- WHO engages in ‘ring vaccinations’ as new confirmed Ebola death in Congo brings total to 12
- The cost of police misconduct in Milwaukee: $21 million – and growing
- For nearly $13 million, you can own the Texas mansion of your dreams
- Salmonella sickens nearly three dozen people following recall of more than 200 million eggs
- Bob Hugin Earned Nearly $34 Million Over Two Years: Reports
- Miami man made nearly 100 million robocalls. Now he's paying a big price.
- Man who made nearly 100 million robocalls to pay $120 million fine
- FCC fines robocaller $120 million for making nearly 100 million calls
COVID-19: Nearly 21 million people have had first vaccine dose as UK reports another 242 deaths have 301 words, post on news.sky.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.