The first step in easing England’s third national lockdown begins today as part of the plan to get back to normal life. Boris Johnson set out the dates for a four-step roadmap to easing the lockdown on 22 February – with the caveat that each step will be determined by COVID-19 data. The first step is split into two, with the first restrictions eased today followed by further changes on 29 March. When every lockdown rule is set to lift in England Here are the measures being relaxed today: • All schools and colleges in England will start reopening Advertisement • Secondary aged pupils (year seven and above) can return full-time after getting their first negative test at school • Childcare and children’s supervised activities, such as breakfast and after-school clubs, can resume to enable parents to work • University students on practical courses can return • One person can meet another person from a different household outside for recreation, not just exercise • Every care home resident in England can nominate a single named visitor who can regularly visit Schools to reopen in England – here are the new safety measures and key dates in other UK nations Will… Read full this story
- COVID-19: Stay-at-home national lockdown ordered by UK PM
- Super-COVID strikes in California: San Diego man, 30, with no travel history is diagnosed with mutant UK strain on same day Colorado reports SECOND suspected case in National Guard member working in care homes
- COVID-19: Boris Johnson announces new national lockdown for England expected to last until mid-February
- COVID-19: Boris Johnson to hold Downing Street news conference from 5pm
- Ghost town Britain: Commuting city workers shun the office as new lockdown is announced but some Tube and train carriages are still busy with builders and cafe workers who can't work from home
- Coronavirus digest: Pope calls COVID vaccine aversion 'suicidal denial'
- Coronavirus digest: Japan detects new COVID variant
- Britain will need draconian lockdowns until AT LEAST the summer and Tier 4 rules can't contain new mutant strain, scientists warn as SAGE expert fears national action by end of January is inevitable
- Total national lockdown by the end of January is inevitable, says SAGE expert as 20million are plunged into Tier 4 and Boris pins everything on Oxford vaccine after 981 die in worst daily death toll since April
- Where's first in line for Tier 5? Experts warn areas that spent Christmas in Tier 4 are most at risk of even tighter Covid restrictions in January - even though cases are already falling in some areas
COVID-19: First lockdown restrictions lifted in England today - what are you now allowed to do? have 404 words, post on news.sky.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.