Britons travelling abroad from Monday will have to carry a form setting out why their trip is allowed under lockdown rules – or face a £200 fine. Under new measures to crack down on illegal trips, the Department for Transport said carriers will be checking for completed forms before passengers board – either at check-in or at the departure gate. Those who do not have a valid form could be stopped from travelling. Live COVID updates from the UK and across the world The form must be downloaded from gov.uk , signed before travel, and carried or downloaded on to a mobile phone. Advertisement Forty days after the measure was announced by Home Secretary Priti Patel on 27 January, spot checks will be carried out to ask passengers to produce a completed form, with those who fail to provide one risking a £200 fine. Under current coronavirus lockdown restrictions, it is illegal to travel abroad for holiday and journeys are only permitted for certain reasons. More from Covid-19 COVID-19: UK reports another 10 coronavirus deaths – and lowest cases since September Myanmar egg strike to an empty St Peter’s Square: How the world is spending Easter COVID-19: Liverpool comedy club… Read full this story
- Airbnb sues Miami Beach over new rules requiring rental sites to police listings
- How a Chinese region that accounts for just 1.5% of the population became one of the most intrusive police states in the world
- JetSmarter tried to be the Uber of private jets. Now it faces lawsuits, losses and security questions.
- Safety exemptions for livestock haulers raise concerns
- Lawsuit challenges Deerfield's assault weapons ban: 'It flies in the face of state law'
- Meet the new faces of fiction for 2018
- Here's what to do if a border agent demands access to your digital device while you're travelling overseas
- The New World Order Is Ruled By Global Corporations And Megacities—Not Countries
- Rule Breaker Mailbag: 20 Investing Lessons From 20 Years of Investing
- Minnesotans who benefited from Obamacare are eying a judge's ruling warily
COVID-19: Britons travelling abroad must carry form stating why they're exempt from lockdown rules - or face £200 fine have 322 words, post on news.sky.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.