Another 104 people have died after testing positive for coronavirus and a further 5,455 new cases have been reported. This compares to the 144 coronavirus deaths and 6,035 new infections recorded on Sunday. Live COVID updates from the UK and around the world Vaccinations also continue with 20,275,451 people receiving their first COVID-19 dose while 815,816 people have had both. It comes as a hunt continues for a person in the UK infected with a coronavirus “variant of concern” from Brazil. Advertisement The COVID-19 variant, first seen in the city of Manaus, is feared to spread more rapidly than the original virus and could be more capable of evading existing vaccines. What we know about the Brazil variant Three cases of the P.1 coronavirus variant have been confirmed in England and three in Scotland, Public Health England said. More from Covid-19 COVID-19: UK to discuss EU proposals for coronavirus vaccine passport aimed at reviving international travel COVID-19: This virus will keep evolving – and that makes international travel risky COVID-19: Boris Johnson accused of border ‘incompetence’ – as hunt continues for mystery person infected with Brazil variant COVID-19: Roadmap out of lockdown helps spur return to high streets Budget 2021:… Read full this story
- First polio death in 14 cases reported
- Law chief calls for new probe into deaths of New Lodge Six
- New cases of HIV in the UK are at their LOWEST levels since 2000
- Goldman Sachs attracts 50,000 UK savers to new Marcus account
- A British tourist was stabbed to death in New York by a woman she had just met ‘to rid her house of evil’
- Child killer 'stabbed to death' in new home after being released from jail
- U.S. recorded seven new cases of measles last week
- 'Ticking time bomb’: New government report claims UK's nuclear enterprise is not 'fit for purpose'
- An 'Edge' in Future Battles: UK Testing Out New AI Warfare Technology
- Measles in Ukraine: 755 additional cases reported in past week
COVID-19: Another 104 UK deaths and 5,455 new cases reported have 310 words, post on news.sky.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.