With their unbeatable prices and quality products, it’s hardly surprising that shoppers have ranked Aldi and Lidl the UK’s top in-store supermarket over their competitors. Aldi recently beat stiff competition from rival supermarkets like Asda, M&S and Sainsbury’s to receive a five-star rating for value for money and a 73 per cent overall score for customer satisfaction, whilst Lidl came in third place with a score of 67 per cent in an annual Which? report. But despite Aldi and Lidl taking the UK by storm with their simple, high quality at low prices vision, it seems many of us are still having a pretty hard time working out how to pronounce these supermarket names correctly – and you might be stunned to find out you’ve been saying them all wrong. First off, when it comes to Aldi, many people tend to say drag out the ‘A’ syllable. But, according to the retailer itself, we should be saying Al-di. The name actually came from the surname of the brothers who started the chain in 1946, Karl Albrecht and his brother Theo. Sign up to our newsletter to get the day’s biggest news straight to your inbox The Mirror’s newsletter brings you… Read full this story
- Professor Who Correctly Called the Last 9 Elections Says Impeachment Won't Backfire on Democrats in 2020
- TV chef Joe Wicks is slammed for his bizarre pronunciation of Wensleydale cheese - as fans joke he ‘wouldn’t dare’ say it that way in Yorkshire
- Lidl opening times and hours for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
- These are the two items of food you will NEVER find in an Aldi store
- Asda, Aldi and Wilko shoppers banned from stores this year - and why
- Kate Garraway struggles to pronounce the word VEGAN leaving GMB co-host Ben Shephard laughing out loud as the presenters share a joke about her 'worst muck-ups'
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Car Repairs and Avoid Mechanic Rip-Offs
- California deputy on leave after violently removing carjacking victim from vehicle, sheriff says
- STEPHEN GLOVER: Poor John Major got his facts wrong. But he is right to say suspending Parliament is madness
- CORRECTED-Study finds Google system could improve breast cancer detection
Correct way to pronounce Aldi and Lidl - we've been saying them all wrong have 363 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.