CHELSEA have received a boost in their pursuit of Lucas Gourna-Douath with St-Etienne reportedly prepared to accept £22million.
The centre-midfielder, 17, has been heavily linked with a move to the Blues and the Ligue 1 outfit may be forced into selling at the end of the season because of the financial impact of coronavirus.
Gourna-Douath is one of the hottest prospects in French football.
He has played 23 times in Ligue 1 this season earning praise for his performances from a deep-lying role.
St-Etienne boss Claude Puel wants him to be the future of his team.
The youngster is also said to be keen on continuing his development with his boyhood club.
But St-Etienne face being forced to sell at the end of this season as part of a mass player cull, according to FootMercato .
William Saliba and Wesley Fofana were sold to Arsenal and Leicester in 2019 and 2020 respectively and Gourna-Douath is set to follow to help balance the books.
But the Blues could face stiff competition as RB Leipzig and AC Milan are also said to be interested.
Gourna-Douath’s representatives are said to be preparing for all eventualities – including a move to England.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Most read in Football
Elsewhere, it emerged AC Milan also want to sign Chelsea loanee Fikayo Tomori on a permanent transfer.
The West Londoners sent the English defender to the San Siro in January to gain first-team experience in the Serie A title race.
After Milan beat Roma 2-1 on Sunday, 23-year-old Tomori came in for huge praise in only his fifth start for the team.
And talk is already turning to Italian legend Paolo Maldini trying to sign him permanently.
Chelsea accepted a purchase option reportedly worth £27m when sending Tomori on loan.
And Milan chief Maldini hinted his team will try and reduce that fee ahead of any bid.
⚽ Read our Transfer news live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals
- The SoulCycle of fertility sells egg-freezing and ‘empowerment’ to 25-year-olds
- Transfer Talk: Man United join race for Inter Milan forward Martinez
- Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd £120m three-man shortlist, Liverpool open talks, Arsenal exits
- To Win An Ultramarathon Through Hell, You Need A Devil To Chase
- As Esports Grows, Experts Fear It's A Bubble Ready To Pop
- Cloudy with a chance of Drake: Here’s what’s coming to record stores in April
- The War To Sell You A Mattress Is An Internet Nightmare
- Edited Transcript of ELUX B.ST earnings conference call or presentation 25-Oct-19 7:00am GMT
- The $2000 Challenge: 20 Years Of Wild Budget Builds
- These Swiss brothers went from selling waffles to blockchain finance
- 2019 Young Futurists: For These 25 Game Changers, the Future Is Now
- The battle for 'Workington Man': Older, white men in Leave-backing rugby league towns will be the key targets in the battle to win Westminster, say pollsters
- How a hacker network turned stolen press releases into $100 million
- Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn trade blows at fiery last PMQs before election battle: PM draws battle lines for December 12 poll with promise of 'unprecedented NHS funding' and attack on Labour leader over 'flip-flopping' Brexit stance
- How Pop Music Embraced Death and Lost Its Sex Appeal
- How Pro Gamers Live Now: Curfews, Personal Chefs, And All Of It On Camera
- The Town That the Internet (Almost) Forgot
- Why competitive gaming is starting to look a lot like professional sports
- How To Lose Everything And Get Some Of It Back
- Why Your Team Sucks 2018: Green Bay Packers
Chelsea transfer boost in Lucas Gourna-Douath chase with St-Etienne ready to sell 17-year-old if £22m offer comes in have 666 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.