Caprice Bourret got her first coronavirus vaccine.
Speaking out, she gave her reasons for why people should get the AstraZeneca coronavirus jab after she was squeezed in “last minute” following cancellations amid unproven fears about the vaccine.
The model, 49, highlighted women are at risk of developing blood clots through their contraception.
Denmark, France and Germany are just a few of the European countries which suspended the roll-out of the Oxford/AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine over concerns of alleged side effects that haven’t been proven.
The European Medicines Agency said on Wednesday there is "no indication" the vaccine is causing blood clots.
Caprice, however, was “thrilled” to have had the chance to get her Covid vaccine as she cast doubt over the fears.
In her lengthy message, she wrote: “I did it!!! Better in my arm than in the bin.
“There have been cancellations I suppose because of the controversy surrounding blood clots and AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine so I was able to get in at last minute.
“If 12 countries think 30 ppl getting blood clots after the vaccine out of 17 million ppl already vaccinated is 2 dangerous then why r 1 in 14,000 allowed to develop blood clots through their contraception.
“Furthermore, 1,000 ppl naturally suffer from blood clots every year.. so wouldn't u expect out of 17 mil vaccinated already… 17,000 would develop blood clots????
“With this kind of statistic ppl developing recent blood clots that have taken vaccine are much lower than would be expected in general population.
“If you are dubious research first lots of stats available from scientists and other authoritative sources and no proof to substantiate there claims that the vaccine has links to blood clots to begin with.
“I AM THRILLED I DID IT!!!!”
Caprice shared her excitement at the natural progression towards a “normal” life again.
Also, the star revealed going to the hairdressers is on her list of must-dos as soon as she’s allowed.
She wrote: “One step forward to us getting back to some form of normality and protection against this very scary virus
- 'I think I was excusing myself from the room,' Nancy Pelosi says of THAT photo Donald Trump tweeted from their fiery White House meeting - and hints she wants the audio leaked next
- Take Charge of Your Dental Treatment - And Your Fears!
- Comparing Breeds Fear
- Mother recalls the harrowing moment she arrived home with her children to find her husband had taken his own life - after texting her to say he 'wouldn't be a problem anymore'
- Get Rich Working From Home
- Are Serious Dramas an Endangered Species?
- 'They took away my independence,' says girl as Dublin man jailed for sexually assaulting her
- When Kids Get Ugly - How to Stop Threats and Verbal Abuse
- How Do I Get Him to Love Me Again? Tips and Advice That May Help
- Exclusive! I went into depression after I lost my mother, says Divya Dutta
- Diplomat says Trump's politicization of foreign policy disturbed him
- How to Get Promoted - And Enjoy a Successful Career
- Podmass gets spooky this week, from paranormal activity to Trump’s psyche
- Diplomat says politicization of foreign policy disturbed him
- Love Addiction - A Serious Matter
- The Days After Your Get Your Pilot License
- 'Sorry, I'm not having this': Ex-MP Harvey Proctor storms out of fractious interview with BBC's Naga Munchetty over report into police's bungled 'Nick the Fantasist' abuse probe as he says Parliament would be 'healthier' if Tom Watson quit
- How to Recognise an Emotional Manipulator
- Do You Have Problems Speaking in Public?
- Should You Report Side Effects of Birth Control Pills?
Caprice says contraception clot fears aren't taken seriously as she gets jab have 658 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 17, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.