What’s going to be in the budget? A lot of the big announcements have already been revealed, leaked, or guessed at. Here’s what to expect: Housing A mortgage guarantee scheme will help home buyers purchase properties worth up to £600,000 with a deposit of just 5% with the government underwriting the other 95%. Live COVID updates from the UK and around the world Rishi Sunak could also reportedly extend the stamp duty holiday announced last summer on homes worth up to £500,000, currently due to run until the end of March. Advertisement Tax Plans to begin to increase corporation tax from 19% to 23% by the next general election will reportedly be set out. More from Budget 2021 Budget 2021: Lord Hague throws his weight behind calls for Rishi Sunak to raise taxes to deal with COVID spend Budget 2021: Sunak prepares to pump cash into COVID recovery as tax rise debate continues Budget 2021: Rishi Sunak plans £520m Help to Grow scheme for small firms Budget 2021: Labour’s position remains a mystery as chancellor prepares crucial budget Budget 2021: Ken Clarke urges Rishi Sunak to protect ‘young and poor’ and ditch pension ‘triple lock’ Rishi Sunak to hail Budget… Read full this story
- Shifting stamp duty burden would hurt first-time buyers
- Call for a timeout on tinkering with property related taxes
- Home sellers – watch out for capital gains tax changes
- Businessmen reject moves to raise corporate tax rate
- Workplace parking levy expected to clear hurdle at Holyrood
- Boris Johnson 'planning emergency budget ahead of Brexit'
- Johnson pledges higher rate income tax cut
- Holyrood tax: the devil's in the data
- Sajid Javid promises to 'simplify' the tax system
- Ireland facing budget deficit in no-deal Brexit, watchdog says
Budget: Stamp duty, furlough, tax rises - here's what to expect in Wednesday's announcement have 269 words, post on news.sky.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.