S hares in Aggreko , one of the top global suppliers of portable power generators, surged after the group reportedly received takeover interest from a second potential suitor. US private equity group Platinum Equity has approached the FTSE 250 group over a potential buyout, even as the deadline for a rival buyout consortium to make a firm offer looms, Bloomberg reported. It said Platinum had expressed interest in a acquiring the company, which has supplied generators to events such as the London Olympics. Sources close to Aggreko said progress has been made in its negotiations with a consortium backed by TDR Capital and I Square ahead of today's deadline for a firm offer to be made. The company declined to comment, however, on the report of another approach. On Monday, Aggreko posted full-year results that met City expectations. Its shares rose 66p to 889p as investors hoped the reports may herald a bidding war. London-listed stocks had a poor session overall, with the FTSE 250 dropping having closed near a one-year high in the wake of Wednesday's Budget, and the FTSE 100 dipping amid concerns over a global rebound in inflation. IT group Sage led FTSE 100 risers, climbing 17.6p to 597p… Read full this story
- View: Lowering of corporate-tax rate will widen tax net
- On Government's Corporate Tax Cut Move, Abhijit Banerjee's Caution
- Lightfoot: No 'Meaningful' Property Tax Hike in 2020 Budget
- Hunt's pledge to reduce corporation tax 'will cost £13bn a year'
- Elizabeth Warren's health plan will require middle-class tax hike: Watchdog
- Why Alberta's corporate tax cut might not keep investment at home
- Schenectady budget review could mean larger tax cut, smaller mayoral raise
- EU warns France over its spending plans after protests
- 12 Big Economies Failing In Budget Spending For Growth, India On List: Report
- Tobacco taxes, fee hikes an Airbnb levy: Other things to watch for in Alberta Budget 2019
Budget 2021: Sunak defends corporation tax hike as IFS criticises spending plans have 302 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.