What’s going to be in the budget? A lot of the big announcements have already been revealed, leaked, or guessed at. Here’s what to expect: What time does the budget start? You can watch and follow it all live with special coverage and analysis from 12.30pm . A special edition of the Sky News Daily podcast taking in all of the chancellor’s announcements will be available to listen to from 7pm. Housing Advertisement A mortgage guarantee scheme will help home buyers purchase properties worth up to £600,000 with a deposit of just 5% with the government underwriting the other 95%. Rishi Sunak could also reportedly extend the stamp duty holiday announced last summer on homes worth up to £500,000, currently due to run until the end of March. More from Budget 2021 Proposed 1% pay rise for NHS staff ‘based on affordability’, says Chancellor Rishi Sunak Budget 2021: Rishi Sunak’s measures come under attack from ex-PM Theresa May and former chancellor George Osborne Nursing pay rise row: Are other public sector workers in line for an increase? Budget 2021: Chancellor accused of ‘not levelling with people’ over plans Budget 2021: Rishi Sunak defends tax threshold freeze as ‘a fair way… Read full this story
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak extends coronavirus 'furlough' scheme to cover workers' wages until the end of June after lockdown decision
- How can Chancellor Rishi Sunak save the economy from coronavirus crisis? Experts debate raising taxes to save economy
- Rishi Sunak to unveil £1.25bn bailout fund for startups as he comes under pressure to boost payouts for companies struggling amid coronavirus lockdown
- Rishi Sunak's furlough support scheme fails to reassure Britons
- HENRY DEEDES: Genial Rishi Sunak's gowns from Myanmar? It sounded more like an Arthur Daley wheeze
- Rishi Sunak offers fast-growing UK companies £1.25bn in loans
- What did Rishi Sunak say about the furlough scheme and PPE in today’s press conference?
- Rishi Sunak promises special measures for coronavirus-hit airlines
- Rishi Sunak says 140,000 firms applied for furlough scheme for 1 million workers on first day
- Desperate employers make 67,000 furlough claims in first 30 minutes on new website as Government claims system will be able to take the strain
Budget 2021: Stamp duty, furlough, tax rises - here's what to expect in Chancellor Rishi Sunak's announcement have 344 words, post on news.sky.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.