A Bridgerton actress who was criticised for her weight after posting images of her Golden Globes outfit on Instagram has called for actors to be judged for their work, not their body. Nicola Coughlan posted a photo of her wearing a pastel yellow Molly Goddard evening dress and cropped black cardigan for the Golden Globes virtual red carpet on Sunday night. Despite a host of likes and positive responses – including from the designer herself – a comment from one journalist calling the 34-year-old “the fat girl from Bridgerton” quickly took the conversation in a negative direction. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Nicola Coughlan (@nicolacoughlan) Big Calf podcast host Amanda Richards wrote: “The fat girl from Bridgerton is wearing a black cardigan at the Golden Globes [because] no matter how hot and stylish you are, if you’re a fat girl there will always be a black cardigan you think about wearing, then decide against, but ultimately wear [because] you feel like you have to.” Coughlan replied to the tweet: “I thought the cardigan looked ace, Molly Goddard used them on her runway with the dresses that’s where the idea came from, also I have a name.”… Read full this story
- Bodyguard star Richard Madden ‘blown away’ with Golden Globe nod
- Killing Eve fans demand justice for Jodie Comer at Golden Globes
- Golden Globe nominations LIVE! Follow all the action
- Stars including Hugh Grant and Constance Wu react to Golden Globe nominations
- A Star Is Born dominates Golden Globes nominations
- Sandra Oh, Andy Samberg to co-host Globes
- Rick and Morty: 5 biggest guest stars to EVER appear on Rick and Morty
- Where is Fred Savage now, what is the Wonder Years star’s net worth and what are Monique Long’s allegations?
- Hugh Jackman fans delighted as actor reveals he will perform hits from The Greatest Showman on debut world tour
- Singer Katherine Jenkins uses interview to hit back at ‘bully’ Alfie Boe’s C-word jibe
Bridgerton star hits back at podcast host's 'fat' jibe after Golden Globes appearance have 320 words, post on news.sky.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.