THE Brazil Covid variant has now been found in 23 countries around the world – and 15 of them aren’t on the UK’s red quarantine list. The World Health Organisation revealed that more countries have now reported the P1 strain, first reported in the UK but originally from Brazil. List of countries on UK’s red list – forcing people to quarantine when they return Angola Argentina Bolivia Botswana Brazil Burundi Cape Verde Chile Colombia Democratic Republic of the Congo Ecuador Eswatini French Guiana Guyana Lesotho Malawi Mauritius Mozambique Namibia Panama Paraguay Peru Portugal (including Madeira and the Azores) Rwanda Seychelles South Africa Suriname Tanzania United Arab Emirates (UAE) Uruguay Venezuela Zambia Zimbabwe Health officials revealed at the weekend they had found six cases of the Brazil variant in the UK. Three are in England and three in Scotland – and experts are concerned the vaccines may not be as effective against it. And the hunt is on for one person who didn’t fill in their contact details correctly and may have no idea they were carrying it. Ministers stressed there was no wider threat to the public – and there is not community transmission of the new variant. Brits living… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Italy, Vatican City and San Marino added to UK's quarantine list - Crete is cleared for travel
- Coronavirus: Which country could be next on UK's quarantine list?
- Coronavirus: UK's quarantine list grows - but which countries have highest infection rates?
- Coronavirus: Turkey, Poland and three Caribbean islands added to UK's quarantine list
- Brit's fury after paying £1,000 to flee Portugal only for it to avoid quarantine list
- Will Portugal and Denmark be next on the quarantine list? Decision on border restrictions TODAY after cases spike as Theresa May demands ministers stop 'dragging their feet' over airport tests
- Coronavirus: Portugal back on England's quarantine list
- Coronavirus: Seven Greek islands added to England's quarantine list
- Coronavirus: Holiday hotspots taken off UK's COVID-19 quarantine list
- BREAKING > Cyprus and Lithuania are put on UK quarantine list with Britons facing dash back home to beat 4am deadline on Sunday to avoid 14-day isolation
Brazil covid variant now found in 15 countries NOT on UK’s red quarantine list have 343 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.