A BRAVE woman who lost her sister and her mum to cancer has overcome the disease for the third time. Jackie Beattie has had bowel cancer, liver cancer and breast cancer. The 67-year-old from Middlesbrough calls herself a "survivor" and is now telling her story for the first time. Jackie's ordeal began in 1996 when she started having some uncomfortable feelings in her stomach. She was just 42-years-old at the time and said she had always had some issues with her tummy and "never really looked poorly", but said she went to the doctors anyway just to be sure. Speaking to The Sun Jackie said: "I was always very big and had some problems with my tummy. "I'd had a few types of investigations but I ended up having to go to hospital, my husband Don was with me and we went in together. "They said 'you have lymphoma' and I just sat there staring blankly and I said 'what's that' and they said 'it's cancer'." BACK TO NORMAL Luckily Jackie was able to donate her own stem cells and within 18 months she said she felt fine. She added: "I went back to work at Barclaycard between chemo and… Read full this story
- Low-Fat Diet Improves Odds of Surviving Breast Cancer
- 2-year-old defies odds, learns to walk after rare stage 4 cancer
- How to get rid of 6 different types of acne from blackheads to cysts
- A daughter of Detroit defies odds, takes car industry into the future
- Parents share heartbreaking final photo of them comforting brave daughter just hours before she died of cancer
- Wildlife In Need Center marking 25 years of helping wild patients
- Snopes: How do you survive 25 years debunking fake news?
- It's been 25 years since an Evansville cop went on trial for murder
- Thanksgiving Boulevard Bolt celebrates helping homeless for 25 years
- Many Changes in the Ryder Cup Over 25 Years, and the Americans Seek One More
Brave woman, 67, defies the odds to beat THREE different types of cancer in 25 year battle have 331 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.