THE boyfriend of a £5.5million lottery winner who was stabbed in the face at their luxury home has denied trying to kill her. Stephen Gibbs, 45, will stand trial accused of the attempted murder of partner Emma Brown, 49, at their £700,000 home . Ms Brown scooped the huge sum around three years ago and quit her job to move into the detached cottage. She required surgery following the alleged knife attack in Barry, South Wales on January 30. Flooring worker Gibbs, whose address was given as the home he shared with Ms Brown, today appeared at Cardiff Crown Court via videolink from HMP Cardiff. He wore a grey sweatshirt and spoke softly as he denied attempted murder. Judge Daniel Williams set a three day trial for September 13 and remanded Gibbs in custody. He told Gibbs: "You have pleaded not guilty to attempted murder. The prosecution seek a trial and that will take place on September 13. "You must set out a defence statement setting out what your defence is to that charge." The couple have reportedly been together for 11 years and previously owned a home in another part of Barry which they rented out after Emma scooped… Read full this story
- EuroMillions winner Gillian Bayford’s ex says ‘abusive’ £74m winner treated him ‘like a chihuahua’ during relationship
- Euromillions winner Gillian Bayford, 47, who scooped a £148million jackpot in 2012 admits threatening behaviour towards her domestic abuse charity worker ex-boyfriend
- Rapper Pop Smoke, 20, is shot and killed after home invasion by up to six masked men at Hollywood Hills home he was renting from Real Housewives star Teddi Mellencamp
- Revealed: Pupil's mother in Buxton coronavirus case was rushed to hospital alongside her boyfriend in hazmat suits after she was confirmed to have the killer infection which sent the town into lockdown
- Kerry Katona lugs bags of clothes as she shares a kiss with her beau Ryan Mahoney while he helps her move into her new home
- EuroMillions winner Gillian Bayford who scooped £148m admits threatening ex-lover in babysitting row
- The Latest Twists in the Michelle Carter Case 5 Years After Her Boyfriend's Death by Suicide
- 'How do I convince the Home Office I'm a lesbian?'
- Teen Lovers Caught Plotting to Kill Disapproving Kin
- Cops investigate 'suspicious' e-mail that 'cult mom' Lori Vallow allegedly sent posing as her ex-husband, 13 days before he was killed, to her current husband Chad Daybell inviting him to stay in their home
Boyfriend of £5.5million lottery winner stabbed in the face at their £700k home denies trying to kill her have 393 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.