An 11-year-old boy handed in an 18-inch long machete to a knife crime campaigner during an amnesty. Odane Cross, 28, was reduced to tears when the primary school pupil revealed his age after producing the deadly blade from inside his trouser leg. Mr Cross has launched a one-man knife amnesty in Reading, Berkshire, in response to an alarming spate of fatal stabbings in the area. He runs a Caribbean food takeaway delivery business and he is offering a 50 per cent discount to anyone who wants to hand in a blade. His ‘Trade the Blade’ amnesty began over a week ago and so far he has collected 21 weapons that includes machetes, zombie knives, flick knives and samurai swords. The schoolboy told Mr Cross he had bought it from a local shop for £15 and had had it for two weeks. Odane Cross (pictured with the machete), 28, was reduced to tears when the primary school pupil revealed his age after producing the deadly blade from inside his trouser leg Mr Cross said: ‘Someone contacted me through Snapchat to say he had a knife he wanted to get rid of. ‘When I pulled up in my car and saw him I… Read full this story
- Boy aged NINE brings a blade into school to show off to his classmates just weeks after police visited to give a talk on the dangers of knife crime
- Hero girl, 13, fighting for life after being stabbed shielding 11-month-old baby nephew from machete gang
- Knife crime: Doctors see increase in 'punishment stabbings'
- 'He's a national disgrace who's destroying London': Trump targets Khan in ANOTHER angry tweet just hours after slamming his record on knife crime after three murders in 24 hours
- GMB's weatherman Alex Beresford likens gangs to paedophiles as he tells how children are 'groomed with gifts then made to do drug runs' - a day after he interrupted live TV debate on knife crime
- Mum of boy who murdered teenager says 'nobody blames me more than me'
- Seaside ‘gift’ store that sold THIS machete that ended up in the hands of a county lines dealer, 17, days before he stabbed a drug addict to death
- Edmonton beheading: Pregnant mum tells how she saved her children from machete maniac Nicolas Salvador
- Edmonton beheading: 'No justice' for victim's family as jury declares machete maniac insane
- Top 25 high school boys basketball teams of the 2000s
Boy, 11, hands in terrifying 18-inch long machete to knife crime campaigner during amnesty have 383 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.