PRESIDENT Joe Biden will give his first primetime address on Thursday. The speech will mark one year since Covid shut down much of the nation as the pandemic took a devastating foothold in America. “The president will deliver his first primetime address to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the Covid-19 shutdown on Thursday,” White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said at a press briefing on Monday. “He will discuss the many sacrifices the American people have made over the last year and the grave loss communities and families across the country have suffered,” she added. This will be Biden’s first primetime address since he took office on January 20, 2021. More than 29.7million cases of Covid have been confirmed in the US. Over 515,000 Americans have died from the virus. The address is to come just days after the Senate passed another $1.9trillion Covid relief package – meant to ease the burden of some of the financial hardship Americans have faced amid shutdowns. After the package was passed, Biden said America “has suffered too much for too long,” as he added that stimulus checks should begin to be sent out by the end of the month. He added that “everything in… Read full this story
- PG&E, under siege after mass power shut-offs, stands its ground
- US needs to reach out to India, other Asian partners to strengthen domestic ties: Joe Biden
- Ocasio-Cortez attacks Biden on climate change policy, Biden says he's 'never been middle of the road'
- White House won't say if Trump was joking about China investigating Biden
- The Hill's 12:30 Report — Presented by Nareit — Buttigieg closes in on Biden, Warren in Iowa
- Former Vice President Joe Biden to announce he’s entering the 2020 race Thursday morning
- Biden raises $15.2 million in third quarter, trailing Sanders and Buttigieg
- 'This Week' Transcript: Rep. Mike Rogers and Sen. Mark Udall
- 'This Week' Transcript: Former Obama National Security Adviser Tom Donilon
- What will the next heavy winds bring? Assessing the great power shut-off of 2019
Biden to give his first primetime address on Thursday – marking one year since Covid shut down much of the nation have 319 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.