A BEMUSED man has captured an amazing optical illusion showing a large boat appearing to float across the sky. Colin McCallum spotted the red “floating vessel” on the horizon as he travelled through Banff, Aberdeenshire on Friday. Due to the similar colouring of the sea and sky, the large vessel appears to be sitting amongst the clouds. The keel of the ship is out of view and, teamed up with the low-lying clouds, it appears difficult to see where the water ends and the clear blue skies begin. Shocked by the sighting, Colin filmed the illusion in motion as he passed by. Viral 'spinning house' optical illusion leaves people stumped – so can YOU work it out? The health and safety worker from Turriff, Aberdeenshire, shared the clip and his images onto Facebook later on that day, writing: “Saw a real life optical illusion in Banff today." Subsequent pictures also captured by Colin show the boat high amongst the clouds. Colin captioned over his video: "Floating boat." Since Colin shared his picture onto Facebook, social media users have been left stumped by the footage. Gabrielle Jamie Simpson said: "I genuinely can't understand what is going on here." Ian Archibald posted:… Read full this story
- Plan to 'push back' migrants: Ministers consider Australian-style operation to use Navy to block boats leaving France - as intruders turn to makeshift vessels made from LEMONADE BOTTLES and paddling pools in bid to cross Channel
- Stunning moment a humpback whale leaps out of water just yards from Devon fishermen's boat
- A narrowboat tour of London's canals: the boat that rocks
- ANOTHER boatload of migrants arrive in Dover after dinghy carrying 15 people was 'spotted in English Channel by P&O ferry' - a day after 120 made it to the UK
- 11pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Jadon Sancho ‘joins Red Devils Whatsapp group’, Paul Pogba LATEST, new Henderson deal
- FOUR THOUSAND migrants have crossed the channel this year: Toddlers and a baby in a gym bag are among at least 130 migrants landing in UK today on 13 boats as ministers threaten to send in the Navy to turn back the 'tide'
- The Project's Waleed Aly wins Gold Logie and fights back tears as he recalls emotional moment he was approached by a man called Mustafa...who told him he wanted him to win because his name prevents him from getting a job
- Highway to hell! Traffic jams cause travel chaos as eager sun seekers flock to the coast for last day of heatwave - despite warnings to stay away from beaches - with temperatures set to hit 91F before thunderstorms sweep in
- The beaches are already full! Brits stream to the coast and cause huge tailbacks as nation braces for the hottest day EVER with temperatures of up to 102F - amid fears social distancing will go out the window
- Perfect for self isolating! Your chance to live like a Bond villain as three remote island forts off the Hampshire coast go on sale for up to £4.2 million
Bemused man stunned after spotting ‘FLOATING’ boat off Aberdeenshire coast have 501 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.