The association supports Vietnam's stance on its legitimate sovereignty in the East Sea and shows firm support for all associations representing Vietnamese people.
China's claims of sovereignty over almost the entire East Sea completely run counter to the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), he added.
On March 25, in response to a reporter's question about Vietnam's position regarding Chinese ships operating at the Bai Ba Dau (Whitsun Reef) in Vietnam's Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelago, Vietnamese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang said China must end its violation of Vietnam's sovereignty in the East Sea.
She went on to say that as a coastal country and a member of the UNCLOS, Vietnam is entitled to sovereignty, sovereign rights and jurisdiction over waters established in accordance with the UNCLOS.
"The operation of Chinese ships within the territorial waters of Sinh Ton Dong island in the Spratly has violated Vietnam's sovereignty and the UNCLOS's stipulation on the operation of foreign vessels in the territorial waters of coastal nations, run counter to the spirit and content of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC), and complicated the situation which is unfavourable for the process of negotiations between the ASEAN and China on a Code of Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (COC)," the spokesperson stressed.
Vietnam demands that China respect Vietnam's sovereignty, implement the UNCLOS with good will, seriously comply with the DOC, especially the obligation of self-restraint so as to not complicate the situation and to create a favourable environment for the COC negotiation, thus contributing to the maintenance of peace, security, stability and legal order at sea in the region, Hang said.
- China’s Coast Guard Law increases risk of collision in the East Sea
- Germany sends warships to East Sea - a strategic turning point
- VN hopes all countries to contribute to peace, stability in East Sea
- Vietnam advocates rule-of-law principle on seas and oceans: Spokesperson
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 5
- Việt Nam hopes all countries will contribute to peace and stability in the South China Sea: Spokesperson
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 28
- Bình Thuận gears up to develop ocean economy, ensure sovereignty protection
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 6
- Looking back at Vietnam’s external affairs over the past 35 years
- World Atlas affirms Vietnam’s sovereignty over Hoang Sa, Truong Sa archipelagos
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 26
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 4
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 29
- Mekong Delta: A 35-year miracle change of Vietnam’s rice bowl
- Diplomacy helps create favourable environment for national development: official
- These three Pacific military flashpoints could shape Biden's China strategy
- First month of Brexit: 9 consequence of leaving the EU that we've already seen
- Kiên Giang soldiers recount a decade in Cambodia
- 60 Photos From the '60s That Show How The World Changed
Belgium-Vietnam Friendship Association backs stance on sovereignty in East Sea have 541 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at March 30, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.