It looks like Banksy may have been in action once again, with an artwork in his signature style appearing on the side of a former prison in Reading. Depicting an inmate escaping down the side of the wall on a rope made of bedsheets, and tied to a typewriter, the painting was created overnight on Sunday at the former HM Prison in Reading, Berkshire , which closed in 2014. There are suggestions the Banksy -esque mural could be of one of the jail’s most famous inmates, the poet and playwright Oscar Wilde, who was sentenced to two years after being convicted of gross indecency in 1895. It has drawn crowds since it was first spotted on Monday morning, but has not yet been claimed officially. The anonymous street artist will often post photographs of his work on Instagram to confirm they are his, and fans are waiting to see if this one will appear. Advertisement Banksy’s last confirmed work was a painting showing an elderly-looking woman sneezing, her dentures flying into the air, on the side of a house in Bristol . Earlier this year, one of his murals painted on a wall in Nottingham was bought by an art… Read full this story
- Detailed Instructions on How to Clean Your Walls
- It's a Fine Art Print - Who Says?
- Build Your Reputation As an Artist - Promote and Market Your Art
- Arts and Crafts For Mother's Day - Make a Special Gift at Home
- Finding the Perfect Wall Hanging
- Decorating Bathroom Walls - Sleek Polished Sophisticated Look
- Israel - The Highlights You Don't Want To Miss!
- Guide on How to Make Money From Your Art For Free, From Start to Finish
- Choose the Correct Bedroom Wall Lamps
- Wall Switch Plates - The Answer to Many Questions
Banksy: Prison wall painting appears in Reading on site campaigners want to be turned into arts centre have 288 words, post on news.sky.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.