Banksy is hoping to raise more than £3m for the NHS with the sale of a painting of “hope”. The painting, titled Game Changer, was delivered to Southampton Hospital during the first wave of the pandemic, with a note reading: “Thanks for all you’re doing. “I hope this brightens the place up a bit, even if it’s only black and white.” And now, the anonymous graffiti artist is putting the original canvas up for sale, to raise funds for the NHS. The hand-painted image shows a young boy, playing with superhero dolls. Advertisement While Batman and Spiderman are discarded in a bin, the child clutches a figure of a masked nurse in a cape. A reproduction of the work will remain at the hospital. More from Banksy Banksy’s hospital painting ‘sells for record £16.8m’ – raising money for health charities Banksy mural on side of former prison defaced with rival’s name Banksy: Artist admits escaping inmate artwork on former Reading Prison wall is his Banksy: Prison wall painting appears in Reading on site campaigners want to be turned into arts centre Banksy mural saved from ‘death sentence’ by art collector – but some aren’t happy about its removal Banksy: Artist… Read full this story
- Businessman pays £2,300 for the sheet of Perspex used to protect Banksy's festive reindeer graffiti in Birmingham
- Banksy’s chimp painting, ‘Devolved Parliament,’ sells for record $12M
- Your guide to this year's Celebrity Big Brother!
- President Donald Trump tells Boris Johnson to celebrate his election win with a 'victory tour' of the United States - but the Prime Minister is 'in no rush to accept' due to impeachment drama
- Life-saving vaccine scientist’s 100th birthday celebrated
- Banksy mural pulled from auction; Will town have beloved mural returned?
- Could more have been saved? Toll to Notre Dame's treasure trove is revealed as the great organ and priceless paintings were damaged by inferno that took 23 minutes to be found AFTER alarms sounded
- 2019 was the year of endings... hope that's not a sign or anything
- Things I want to celebrate about Divinity: Original Sin II
- Why Kelsey Waldon Was Country Music’s Unsung Hero of 2019
Banksy painting sale hopes to raise millions for NHS - and celebrate heroes of the pandemic have 352 words, post on news.sky.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.