A baby boy was left fighting for his life after his mum took him to hospital because he seemed lethargic. Phillippa Berry was forced to watch on helplessly through a surgery room window as baby Veni went into cardiac arrest. His tiny body was lost in a sea of wires as medics fought desperately to save his life, Manchester Evening News reported. Hours earlier Phillipa had sought medical help for her boy due to his tiredness and the fact he was not eating. The 36-year-old realised he had been unwell for several weeks, but at first doctors brushed it off as a viral infection. In hospital medics found the 15-month-old had an issue with his heart and hooked him up to machines so they could shock it. The mother-of-one, from Radcliffe, Bury, broke down in tears as she recalled being sat down with doctors in a private room. They told her Veni may not survive. "Whenever I'm alone with my thoughts I have flashbacks of the doctor telling me that," she said. "I was just praying. I thought, 'you can't take him away from me'. "I just couldn't believe it. I saw them doing the heart massages on him and… Read full this story
- Hero firefighter, 39, dies saving two colleagues in house inferno after they rescued a woman and baby just hours before the father-of-three's vacation to Disney World
- Mother whose baby has a rare condition that causes seizures which most children don't survive now has hope after finding a 20-year-old US man who's her 'genetic twin' on Facebook
- Newborn reunited with mum after being 'abducted from hospital and sold for £130'
- Moment newborn baby buried alive is found BREATHING after being dug up when villagers heard ‘barking noises’
- Harry Judd's wife reveals baby son in hospital with mystery illness
- Brave mothers share their traumatic birth stories to encourage other mums to speak out - from lifeless babies to near-fatal haemorrhages
- My baby is brain damaged from meningitis – all because NHS won’t test pregnant women for common bug
- I lost my baby and my hair after the stress of my miscarriage caused alopecia
- Revealed: Overdue Meghan's home birth dream was dashed as she was secretly whisked to a London hospital on Sunday by Harry and his Scotland Yard security team before their 'to die for' baby boy was born at 5.26am
- Now it's YOUR turn to look radiant: After Kate's post-pregnancy photos, readers send in their beautiful mother-and-baby pictures
Baby almost dead hours after mum took him to hospital because he seemed lethargic have 414 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.