Austria has suspended vaccinations with a batch of AstraZeneca’s coronavirus jabs as a precaution following the death of one person and the illness of another after the shots. A 49-year-old woman died as a result of severe coagulation disorders, while another 35-year-old woman developed a pulmonary embolism, an acute lung disease caused by a dislodged blood clot, and is recovering, the Federal Office for Safety in Health Care (BASG) said. The agency confirmed it had received two reports ‘in a temporal connection’ with a vaccine from the same batch in the district clinic of Zwettl, Lower Austria. A batch of AstraZeneca has been suspended after Austrian authorities were informed of the death of a 49-year-old woman as well as another woman who developed a pulmonary embolism. Picture: Stock ‘Currently there is no evidence of a causal relationship with the vaccination,’ BASG said. Swiss newspaper Niederoesterreichische Nachrichten as well as broadcaster ORF and the APA news agency reported that the women were both nurses who worked at the Zwettl clinic. BASG said blood clotting was not among the known side effects of the vaccine and confirmed it was pursuing its investigation vigorously to completely rule out any possible link. RELATED ARTICLES Previous… Read full this story
- Oxford vaccine: Chennai man seeks Rs 5 crore for ‘illeness’ after shot; DCGI begins probe
- Oxford's COVID-19 vaccine may get 'emergency approval'
- Vaccine trials should NOT be stopped even in the event of death, scientists say as Brazilian doctor, 28, dies from Covid-19 after getting placebo dose in Oxford University's study
- Covid vaccine rush in China raises fears of booming black market, and India isn't immune either
- Fears of booming black market rises amidst Covid-19 vaccine rush in China
- Don't bank on Oxford's Covid vaccine before Christmas: Scientists warn final results won't come for weeks as trial finds jab that Britain has ordered 100million doses of is safe and provokes an immune response in over-55s
- DCGI and institutional ethics committee investigating a claim of adverse event in Covid vaccine trial
- Coronavirus | DCGI and institutional ethics committee investigating claim of adverse event in COVID-19 vaccine trial: officials
- Coronavirus vaccinations could be under way for ALL adults by the end of January after the most vulnerable get jabs next month, leaked NHS plans show
- Oxford vaccine heroes reveal pride at cracking Covid jab in just nine months
Austria SUSPENDS jabs with batch of Astra-Zeneca vaccine after one person died and another fell ill after taking the shots have 381 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.