Boxing: Tyson Fury pumps iron in the gym
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Tyson Fury ‘s promoter Frank Warren has hit out at Anthony Joshua ‘s promoter Eddie Hearn, after he announced that a deal had been signed for Fury to fight Joshua. The Matchroom chief revealed on Monday that both fighters had put pen to paper on a two-fight deal but Warren is “not happy” because he says the two parties had agreed on a joint announcement.
Speaking to ESPN, Hearn said: “We’d like to get a site deal confirmed in the next month.
“The hard part is always getting everybody to put pen to paper. But this was a major effort from all parties to get this over the line. You had rival promoters, rival networks and rival fighters.
Warren has now claimed that Hearn’s announcement “came out of the blue” but he admits that “there is nothing we can do”.
Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury fight announcement leaves Frank Warren furious – ‘Not happy’ (Image: GETTY)
Speaking to talkSPORT, Warren said: “Everybody signed an agreement that there would be no announcements unless they were joint announcements and that came out the blue yesterday.
“We are all not happy but it is out there now – there is nothing we can do about that.
“But there is a long way to go yet in as much we have to sort out venues.
“We have a couple venues we are looking at and that is where we are.
DON’T MISS Marvin Hagler dead: Former boxing middleweight champion dies aged 66 Boxing news: Estrada beats Chocolatito, controversial scorecards The fiery Hearn negotiations that nearly saw Joshua dodge Ruiz upset
Eddie Hearn announced on Monday that Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury had signed a two-fight deal (Image: GETTY)
“I believe it will happen when they get in the ring. We've still got a way to go. But everybody is on the same page to make this work.
“We are all collectively working to get a venue sorted now.”
The bout will be the first time that the WBA, WBO, IBF and WBC heavyweight titles have all been on the line in the same fight.
“It is the biggest fight ever in British boxing, bar none,” Warren added.
Fury and Joshua have agreed a two-fight deal (Image: GETTY)
“Two guys who hold all versions of the world title between them, both Brits, and it don't get no better than that. It is massive. Nothing compares to it.
“I have been involved in some big fights over the years but they pale in comparison to how enormous this fight is. And in world boxing, it is the same.
“When you speak to anybody, all they talk about is when the fight is going to be on.
“Hopefully it is going to happen now and everyone's wish is going to come true.”
- Tyson Fury fight: Brit happy to fight Andy Ruiz Jr next if champion beats Anthony Joshua again
- The Rise And Fall And Rise Of Tyson Fury, Boxing's Most Dangerous Man
- Weekend in sport: Arsenal, Liverpool win in derbies; Wilder vs. Fury draw; Kiwis win rugby
- Boxing news: Eddie Hearn's stance on Callum Smith vs Billy Joe Saunders Anfield fight
- Whyte KOs Chisora in round 11 of heavyweight fight
- Anatomy of a 97,000% drug price hike: One family's fight to save their son
- The Fast and Furious Michael Avenatti
- James Jones dishes on trades, Tyson Chandler's buyout and the Suns' recent success
- UT Vols can't fast forward to success, but they can fight — and did vs Georgia Bulldogs
- Guam school announcements: Education update for Oct. 8, 2018
- Guam school announcements: Education Update for September 10, 2018
- Coach Taps' fight with cancer has given SUU perspective
- Wayne Simmonds still has some fight in him, but will it be for Flyers?
- Spence, Porter elevate their careers in a classic, create big opportunities
- Boxing gets big new platforms even as HBO exits the sport
- Who are these Suns? Phoenix avenges OT loss to Celtics, extends win streak to four games
- Triple-overtime thriller with Wizards spells end of Suns' winning streak
- Eli Manning answers whether Sunday's game will be his last with NY Giants
- Eli Manning's future, Odell Beckham Jr.: Here are 5 NY Giants storylines as we enter 2019
- Two-way player Jawun Evans gives the Phoenix Suns 'true point guard'
Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury fight announcement leaves Frank Warren furious - 'Not happy' have 862 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.