This must be what it feels like to go shoplifting, I thought, as I walked out of Amazon’s new till-less shop in London. You go in, take items off the shelves, put them in a bag, and wander back through the doors and on to the pavement. What’s not to like? Well, you do still get charged, of course. Getting started is simple. First, you open the regular Amazon app and select the basket symbol at the bottom. Next, you click on “Fresh Code” at the top of the screen, which gives you a QR code to scan as you enter the store. Advertisement After that, you simply take items from the shelves and the chiller cabinets, the software somehow tracking exactly where you are and what you’ve selected. “It’s absolutely nuts,” one customer said to a friend as they walked past the herbs and spices. More from Amazon Amazon apologises for tweet denying workers are forced to urinate in bottles Jeff Bezos’s ex-wife MacKenzie Scott marries science teacher Deliveroo serves up £50m community fund as £7.5bn float looms Amazon opens till-free grocery store in London – the online retailer’s first physical store outside the US Streaming inquiry: Spotify, Apple… Read full this story
- Amazon's $12b raid on Australian retail: Who'll feel the pain and why consumers won't gain (too much)
- Amazon on track to dominate Australian retail within seven years, despite a shaky start
- Google Music vs Amazon MP3 vs iTunes: Which Online Music Store is the Best for You?
- Amazon starts delivering groceries to Prime members for free and within an HOUR after axing $14.99 Amazon Fresh charge
- Former Amazon employee blasts Jeff Bezos' retail giant as she claims the Staten Island warehouse where she worked 12-hour shifts was a ‘cult-like sweatshop where robots are treated better than humans'
- Best Amazon Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2019 deals: top UK offers on sale today
- Sayeeda Warsi on Tory Islamophobia: 'It feels like I'm in an abusive relationship'
- Online retailers try to make the return process less annoying
- Amazon under attack over tax while 10,000 high street shops close this year
- Holiday stress: Amazon and Walmart must deliver on 1-day delivery promises
Amazon Fresh: What it feels like to walk out of online retail giant's first till-less UK store 'without paying' have 358 words, post on news.sky.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.